Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Embedded cue-sheet in APEv2 tag in foo_input_std? (Read 6243 times) previous topic - next topic

Embedded cue-sheet in APEv2 tag in foo_input_std?

Hi!
I know that you can embed a cue-sheet in a APEv2 tag called CUESHEET in a monkey's audio or wavpack file and foobar2000 can extract this info and display the tracks of the cue-sheet. As I think that this is way too cool, can this be easily implemented for other audio formats? If this has to be done per format, can it at least be impemented in foo_input_std (or just MP3s)?

Reply #1
Hi!
I know that you can embed a cue-sheet in a APEv2 tag called CUESHEET in a monkey's audio or wavpack file and foobar2000 can extract this info and display the tracks of the cue-sheet. As I think that this is way too cool, can this be easily implemented for other audio formats? If this has to be done per format, can it at least be impemented in foo_input_std (or just MP3s)?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=222017"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That would rock!!!  I'm currently backing up my collection in Musepack SV7 Xtreme, and I found the (external) cuesheet functionality very good, so few files to clutter with... But having this directly in a tag would be fantastic. Not speaking of my mother that will ask why she should open a very little .cue file when the music is in the big .mpc file....?

Please implement it.

CUE FILE FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I will buy VirtualPC, just to use fb2k in my forthcoming mac....

Reply #2
Still no function to embedd cue files in MP3's and display them or have I missed it?!

Reply #3
Still no function to embedd cue files in MP3's and display them or have I missed it?!
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=297189"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, probably won't be implemented either since sample accurate seeking in such large mp3 files is rather slow.

With mp3 it basically is recommended to use a gapless capable lame version and rip to single tracks.

Reply #5
Does that mean MP3-in-MP4 files have support for embedded cuesheets?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=297249"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

AFAIK not.

Reply #6
Seeking in MusePack sv7 is also rather slow in files of long duration, and as it's a naturally gapless format ripping to individual tracks are probably more useful. Somehow singlefile images seems most adequate for lossless to me anyways...
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Reply #7
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=297189"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, probably won't be implemented either since sample accurate seeking in such large mp3 files is rather slow.

With mp3 it basically is recommended to use a gapless capable lame version and rip to single tracks.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=297246"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Just wanted to know if this is going to be addressed in v0.9. None of the answers from picmixer make sense to me:

A. fb2k already supports opening external cuesheets for mp3 images, and it works very well (not slow). It means the functionality is there, only the reading of the cuesheet from a tag is missing (but that should be identical to reading APEv2 cuesheet tags from wavpack and ape files).

B. Ripping to mp3 images makes perfectly sense.
  • You can playback per track on your PC using cuesheets (currently with external only!) - true gapeless. The 1by1 player and the WA plugin mp3cue can be used, but only fb2k seeks correctly in vbr mp3s.
  • You can play mp3 albums gapeless on your standalone DVD player (but not jump between tracks).
  • You can burn them back to audio CDs using cuesheets, and will restore the original CD freedb ID. CDRWin (goldenhawk) can even burn mp3 images on-the-fly (decoding while burning).
  • Easy to handle - only one file per album (if fb2k would add support for embedded cuesheet as well as external).

Reply #8
I agree with tycho. Support for embedded cue sheet in mp3 tag would be very useful.
iRiver H10 20 GB - Rockbox

Re: Embedded cue-sheet in APEv2 tag in foo_input_std?

Reply #9
Bump. Still no ability to embed CUE sheet in MP3s. :-(