Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Audio output stops when a system sound is played (Read 2157 times) previous topic - next topic

Audio output stops when a system sound is played

Whenever I play a file in Foobar 2000, it works fine until a system sound is played, such as an error beep or even the light "click" of switching between folders.  At that point, audio output stops, although playback appears to be continuing within Foobar2K.  I am running Windows XP, my sound card is a ChainTech AV-710 with the Envy 24HT-S chip.  I am using Kernel streaming, and resampling output to 96 KHz and slow mode, output is 24 bit fixed point padded to 32 bit.  If I change kernel streaming to DirectSound 2.0, I don't get this problem.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
Josh

Reply #1
Don't use Kernel Streaming.

Reply #2
um nevermind, seems I am wrong