Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Apple lossless decoder for dBpowerAMP (Read 3545 times) previous topic - next topic

Apple lossless decoder for dBpowerAMP

Reply #3
I was hoping for reverse-engineered decoder sources..

Oh well. It'll come eventually.

Reply #4
Works fine here. If you're having problems, get it from my server: http://www.transilvania2000.com/dBpowerAMP...pleLossless.zip

I hope spoon doesn't mind.

Not at all, here is the spiel as to the limitations:

Ok, I was hoping for the whole lot (encoder and decoder), but the wheels of progress grind so slowly forward, this is what I have so far.

The codec will decode all .mp4 .m4a files, apple lossless is stored as .m4a (nice one apple - use a different extension!), this codec is ideal for converting from apple lossless or adding apple lossless files to a new iPod (with Sveta Portable Audio), there are a few gotcha to be aware of when using this codec they are:

Before installing this codec if you already have an dbpoweramp mp4 decoder installed, delete it (c:\program files\illustrate\dbpoweramp\multiplayer\input\mp4.dll),
The latest Quicktime needs to be installed (with the Applelossless codec)
After installing this codec (it will read mp4 files fine, it will also read tags fine) BUT it cannot write ID TAGs, so any mp4 files created with dBpowerAMPs compression codecs will not have tags (it is a work in progress).
It takes a few seconds for quicktime to initialize, about 2 seconds on my PC for popup information over .mp4 files

Reply #5
As usual, Spoon remains da man!

Can't wait for the tags to transfer as wel!!!!!