Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC/iTunes full integration (Read 106077 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC/iTunes full integration

Reply #100
Sebastian: Actually, I lost those details.

Anyway, I figured out what the problem was, and my link should be back up now. SP2 changed the IP settings for that PC.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=240243"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Do you still need the account then?

Reply #101
Do you still need the account then?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=240348"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

No, not really. But you're free to mirror it if you like. I'm too lazy to upload my files to some other account every time I change them.

If others find this sort of thing useful enough to have always available, they can mirror them, I feel. I just write 'em, I don't feel like making them into actual hosted projects with space and time and work and such. This is just a hobby for me, you know.

Reply #102
otto, why don't you just take an account at netfirms.com? ... i can help you with that if you want ...

Reply #103
otto, why don't you just take an account at netfirms.com? ... i can help you with that if you want ...
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I guess I wasn't being very clear... I'm not interested in running a website. I'm not really that interested in people using the software I create either.. If people use it, good. If not, just as good. I program as a hobby and to solve my own problems, or because it's interesting, or what have you. To me, distributing the program is far less interesting than actually writing it or solving the problem.

I wrote iTunesEncode (the script and later the EXE) primarily to learn how COM interfaces work. Beyond that it no longer interests me, really. It's not that I don't care about people, because I do. I'm glad it's so useful to so many people, and I'm happy to solve problems and make fixes and so on. But really, I'd rather leave distribution and such up to anybody else that's interested in doing it. I'm quite content to toss it up on my little home webserver and say "have at it" and if it's down from time to time, well, I'll fix it, eventually and you can just wait. No rush. It's just way easier for me to throw my tiny little learning experiments on my little web box at home than it is for me to setup some account somewhere and pay for hosting or bandwidth or something along those lines. My free little web box is just as good, as far as I'm concerned. It may not be up all the time, but then it's not all that important that it is up or not either. I'm a coder, I write code.

Edit: Take a look at [a href="http://otto.homedns.org:8888/itunes/]http://otto.homedns.org:8888/itunes/[/url] to see examples of all the various little scripts and such I've written to mess with iTunes or the iPod or what have you, for an example. Most of these were one off programs, written for somebody on some forum because the problem seemed interesting at the time. None of them became particularly popular, but they were useful at the time. It's like a dumping ground of dead code in there.

Thank you for the offer of helping with an account though. I appreciate the offer, I'm just not really interested in the headaches.

Reply #104
-a "%a" -l "%g" -t "%t" -g "%m" -y %y -n %n -i %s -o %d

you get two files, one which works in the itunes folder & database, and another which can't work on any player i've tried it and apparently isn't a compliant MPEG4

Well, you're supposed to get two files with that command line. And they should be identical, as I'm actually just doing a copy from one file to the other using Windows "CopyFile" functionality.

Hey Otto,

I just downloaded your Encoder and it works beautifully, except I ran into the same problem as Iconoclast_a.  I don't want the two files, I just want one to go into itunes folder.  How do I change my command so that I only get one file that's going into only the itunes folder?

Reply #105
Today I released a free program, developed by myself, similar to iTunesEncoder, called EncodeiT.

Some features:

- Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are available
  (64-bit iTunes requires 64-bit EncodeiT)
- Upward compatible with command line options of iTunesEncoder
- Fully Onicode conform (comand line, pathnames, tags)
- Can minimize/restore iTunes before/after encoding
- Can log command line options for troubleshooting

Download from:

http://sites.google.com/site/miklospalsweb...eeware/encodeit

Mike

Reply #106
@mikepal
Thanks for this.
I tried to use it with foobar2000 and the following command-line (use the same with iTunesEncode, which is still working):
-e "AAC Encoder" -d -i %s -o %d

Unfortunately it does nothing except starting iTunes...
It doesn't encodes.
Did i missed something?

(Windows 7, 64bit, using EncodeiT64)

Reply #107
Today I released a free program, developed by myself, similar to iTunesEncoder, called EncodeiT.

Some features:

- Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions are available
  (64-bit iTunes requires 64-bit EncodeiT)
- Upward compatible with command line options of iTunesEncoder
- Fully Onicode conform (comand line, pathnames, tags)
- Can minimize/restore iTunes before/after encoding
- Can log command line options for troubleshooting

Download from:

http://sites.google.com/site/miklospalsweb...eeware/encodeit

Mike

Thank you very much mikepal!!! 

I suppose that EncodeiT doesn't modify the WAV between EAC and telling iTunes to encode it, similar to amazing Otto42's iTunesEncode (i.e. just a command-line interface between both applications).

Thanks again.

Regards