Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Streaming Music (Read 3025 times) previous topic - next topic

Streaming Music

I have a large number of flac albums that are currently residing on a linux file server.  I also have about 30 GB of mp3's stored on there too.  Right now I am accessing the music through a Samba share on my windows 2k computer.  What I want to do is make my music availible thourgh a web page so I can do searches, look at cover art, etc.  I have found some programs like andromeda that do this, but you have to pay for it and it does not seem to do what I think it should be able too    . 
I was wondering if any one else has a setup like this and what software they are using.

Streaming Music

Reply #2
Try Zina (Zina is not Andromeda). It's free.

Streaming Music

Reply #4
Take a look at the slimserver. It's designed for their hardware but also does browsing and searching well. It's very easy to set up and you can run it right on your Linux server.

Streaming Music

Reply #5
You also may want to look at Jinzora.

Streaming Music

Reply #6
No use if you really want to use it from a webservr, but if you'd prefer direct integration into your media player of choice, you may want to check out my protocol wombatshare : www.wombatinvasion.com

Has nice sexy integration into foobar2000 and has basic support for Linux now... The Linux support will get lots better, trying to decide what player to port for