Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: OptimFROG 4.509 stable released! (Read 4882 times) previous topic - next topic

OptimFROG 4.509 stable released!

OptimFROG Lossless/Dualstream/IEEE Float has now reached the 4.509 stable version:
  - around 10% faster encoding in average bitrate mode at bit identical results for DualStream
  - added --mantissabits option to reduce effective mantissa bits before the actual compression for IEEE Float
  - enhanced the WAV file parser to automatically detect uneven size chunks (non-conforming files)
  - slight general speed enhancement with around 2%
  - added the --headersize option to specify the header size for raw files, also useful for raw data alignment
  - added full support for the data types SINT8, UINT16, UINT24, UINT32
  - small fixes and updates
OptimFROG Lossless/DualStream SDK has now reached the 1.100 stable version.

See http://LosslessAudioCompression.com for more information and downloads

Florin Ghido

Reply #1
Thanks Ghido.  I have been using DualStream for a few months now and have been very pleased with it.  It's good to see that it is still receiving your attention.  Thanks for all your hard work.

Reply #2
Thanks Florin, for the new stable OptimFROG SDK! This makes implementing support for OptimFROG to my small program very, very easy

~ Florian

Reply #3
This one is a good piece of news.
Great!
Thanks!
Stupidity is root of all evil.

Reply #4
Thanks from me too. I have  been using it (especially the Dual Stream version) and am pleased at the initial results.

Just one question though and hope that I am not being dense but was is IEEE Float?

Actually I lied. The other question was that the latest Foobar plug-in does not seem to recognise the dual stream files (ofs) although the Winamp one does. I have configured it as best i can but still no joy. Any ideas?

Reply #5
Just one question though and hope that I am not being dense but was is IEEE Float?

Audio stored as 32bit floating point values, as defined by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.

It's a step up from 24bit audio, and two steps up from 16bit audio (considering only multiples of 8 bit depths, which are the most used ones)

Reply #6
so... when can we expect the linux cli / xmms plugin?

and speed increases are always welcome

thanx, Florin

later

Reply #7

Audio stored as 32bit floating point values, as defined by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers.

It's a step up from 24bit audio, and two steps up from 16bit audio (considering only multiples of 8 bit depths, which are the most used ones)

Thanks for the explaination.

Additionally I managed to get the Dual Stream files working with an old Foobar plug-in but not with the most recent as mentioned in my earlier message. Left a message on the forums at Florin's page.

Reply #8
linux compiles of optimfrog / optimfrog-dualstream / optimfrog-ieeefloat are now available!
http://losslessaudiocompression.com/

xmms-plugin is on hold until florin's life is less hectic, but 1.07 is completely compatible with files produced by 4.509.

additionally, RareWares Debian Repository is updated to include these compiles.

later