Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: David Bowie "Mash-Up" Contest (Read 2478 times) previous topic - next topic

David Bowie "Mash-Up" Contest

Reply #1
Yeah, I read that in the news paper.  PAY a professional to do your own mixes Mr. Bowie.

Tony

Reply #2
hehe.  that's cool.

we need people like Bowie encouraging this kind of thing. (hmmm... got a couple of bowie records lying about gathering dust atm...)

Reply #3
PAY a professional to do your own mixes Mr. Bowie.

My, my. Feeling cranky, aren't we?

For starters, I don't think Bowie would try to steal the mash-ups submitted. That would be catastrophic to his image.

Also, the winner will win an Audi TT, which is a darn good prize! But better than that, he'll become famous (if even momentarily). So, I don't think Bowie is being "cheap" on the reward. Actually, hiring a professional would probably cost more than an Audi TT, depending on the professional.

Reply #4
Tony

Visconti?
Gur svggrfg funyy fheivir lrg gur hasvg znl yvir. Jr zhfg ercrng.

Reply #5
Haha, sorry guys.  I just hate these things.  I think that an artist should be 100% involved with everything he/she puts their name to.  Not, "yeah, do something cool with my music and I'll let you know".
I think a pro with a good enough reputation to work with bowie would recieve much more cash than a Audi TT.  I know I'd demand it :-)
We all know what will come out at the end of this, a bowie song with a 4/4 dance beat.
It's also a nice little publicity stunt, even I read it in the local paper.
But perhaps I'm still sick of bowie.  You try getting blasted with him for 20 odd years. *thanks dad*.

Tony Bernardo ;-)

Reply #6
I did, but it was more like 30 years, and the even ones too.  Bowie at the beeb was the last CD I bought.
Gur svggrfg funyy fheivir lrg gur hasvg znl yvir. Jr zhfg ercrng.