Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AMD64 Compile? (Read 3413 times) previous topic - next topic

AMD64 Compile?

I know John V does various compiles od components but are any AMD64 ones available?
Thanks.

AMD64 Compile?

Reply #1
I guess you are talking about John33 here and there's AFAIK no option to create AMD64 binaries, due to the lack of a public 64bit OS and compiler, under Win32 yet.
I heard about major speed ups for oggenc under Linux using recent gcc versions though, so this is definetly something to look forward to.

Any reason why this is in fb2k? Shouldn't it be in General Audio?
"To understand me, you'll have to swallow a world." Or maybe your words.

AMD64 Compile?

Reply #2
I guess you are talking about John33 here and there's AFAIK no option to create AMD64 binaries, due to the lack of a public 64bit OS and compiler, under Win32 yet.
I heard about major speed ups for oggenc under Linux using recent gcc versions though, so this is definetly something to look forward to.

Any reason why this is in fb2k? Shouldn't it be in General Audio?

No was looking for FB2K components not anything else.

AMD64 Compile?

Reply #3
I have access to 64 bit Windows and compilers, but unfortunately porting isn't so trivial (the compilers are very beta and only commandline and so on). It doesn't help that half my soundcards don't have 64 bit drivers either.

I'll post something if I get anything working.

AMD64 Compile?

Reply #4
I have access to 64 bit Windows and compilers, but unfortunately porting isn't so trivial (the compilers are very beta and only commandline and so on). It doesn't help that half my soundcards don't have 64 bit drivers either.

I'll post something if I get anything working.

Garf that would be FANTASTIC! Thanks so much.

AMD64 Compile?

Reply #5
I tried compiling Faad2 once on AMD64 running SuSE, at SF's compile farm.

Didn't work because of this and this. So, indeed, porting isn't as trivial as it seems.

AMD64 Compile?

Reply #6
64-bit components would also require a 64-bit player core. Not only would porting be non-trivial, getting 32-bit components to work with the 64-bit core would also be a problem. If internal wrapping is not possible, then it would indeed require every component to be ported as well.

AMD64 Compile?

Reply #7
I tried compiling Faad2 once on AMD64 running SuSE, at SF's compile farm.

Didn't work because of this and this. So, indeed, porting isn't as trivial as it seems.

O had been under the impression that with the right software that porting was RELATIVELY straightforward.