Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: exlude multiple discs in one direct. from renaming (Read 1540 times) previous topic - next topic

exlude multiple discs in one direct. from renaming

Hi,

Thanks to all developers from foobar2000 and the plugins for this great Application.

I've searched in this forum/ documentation, but one "Problem" left. I'am noob using foobar, so please excuse, If the question is already answered. Version i use is v0.8.1

How can I exclude files from renaming in masstagger ?

I use following "Output Scheme"

\%artist%\%album%\$num(%tracknumber%,2) %title%

As long as one Album contains just one Disc it works great,  but not if I have multiple discs in an Directory. iTunes add the discnumber and an "-" followed from the track Name.

1-01 Come On.m4a
1-02 I Want To Be Loved.m4a
[...]
2-01 Gaotta Get Away.m4a
2-02 19th Nervous Breakdown.m4

How can I exclude above files from renaming. I have thousands of tracks and manually searching / removing the folders before I rename the rest is not a good solution and if i forget one ...

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Empty

Reply #1
\%artist%\%album%\[%disc%-]$num(%tracknumber%,2) %title%
Should work if you actually use %disc% to identify the disc number (as 1 or 2).

If the actual file already has both the same name and the same path as the name and path specified in that line (including %disc%), nothing will be done.

Reply #2
Hi nyarlathotep,

It did not work, it looks like iTunes stores the Disc-Number in its own internal Database. There is no Tag with an appropriate Discnumber.

Is it possible to automaticly create it with foobar ? If the filename not begin with '?-??' Discnumber is 1 and if yes read the first Character and set as Discnumber.

Or another Idea(s) ?

Regards
Empty