Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playing RealMedia (.rm) (Read 2303 times) previous topic - next topic

Playing RealMedia (.rm)

Is there any way to do this?  I'm not looking to stream them, I have the full file on my HD.  I have the Real codecs installed on my PC, and the work very well with Media Player Classic.  I just want to intergrate them with the rest of my music without reencoding them.  I remember other posts about this, but I couldn't find them.

Thanks

Tony

PS Does any one know a way to edit the tags in .rm files?

Playing RealMedia (.rm)

Reply #2
Haha, sorry guys.  I really did search as well :-)  Anyhoo, isn't there a way to get Foobar to use the real codecs?  Like Windows Media Player, Winamp and Media Player Classic do?

Also, if not; do you think it's worth the time/hd space of converting them to MPC?  These are big files, 2 hours+

Tony

Playing RealMedia (.rm)

Reply #3
There seems to be no way to do that. I've also tried to use foo_nero and Mausau's RealAudio plugin for Nero to decode RealAudio files with foobar2000. That failed.

Sure you can convert RealAudio to another format. Have a look there:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....showtopic=20881

My opinion is that it's not really worth the pain (as converting RealAudio files is rather a real pain...). Unless you really want hardware support for instance.