Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album List Feature Requests (Read 1895 times) previous topic - next topic

Album List Feature Requests

Album list is head and shoulders above any media library for managing my cd collection.  Thank you for this invaluable tool.  I hope the following suggestions will be seen as possible ways to make it even more useful.

(1)Make Album List "stick" with the main window.  This doesn't necessarily mean making it dockable (though that would be cool too).  Basically, I want to see Album List whenever I see the foobar2000 window: startup, player activation, etc.  Album List already does this every time except startup.  I've tried running with the
Code: [Select]
/command:Components/Album List
argument, but the Album List window doesn't minimize with the main foobar2000 window if I run it this way.  Also, if I close foobar2000 with the systray command and open it again, the main window remembers to hide but the Album List window "forgets" and appears on the desktop.  I wouldn't call this behavior a bug, I'd just prefer to have my enhanced behavior. 

(2)Add a search text box.  It'd do what the playlist search does, displaying in the Album List window all the matching strings, with a Reset button to display all albums.  This would come in really handy when searching for an album by name in "Artist - Album" mode or for searching through the "The"s for Beatles albums.

Reply #1
The almum list is based on the database.  Can you use the database search plugin

Reply #2
I have the db search plugin.  It doesn't seem as useful to me because it is separate from Album List.  The name of the game for Album List is quick access to albums, and these two features would make that access just a bit quicker for me and (I assume) other users.