Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: XviD 1.0 (Read 5017 times) previous topic - next topic

XviD 1.0

XviD 1.0 has finally been released!

XviD Homepage

I imagine Koepi will make a build shortly (...when he wakes up and notices... ) and rest assured that the developers have a number of ideas that they've been itching to get started on for post 1.0 XviD.

Enjoy!

EDIT:

Changes since 1.0.0 RC3 (Ni Hao):

* xvidcore
          o GMC 2 warp point fix
          o Minor postproc code fixes.
          o Motion Vector clipping fix for stressing test cases.
    * VFW frontend
          o Multiple instance memory leak fixed.
          o Some other minor changes.
    * DShow frontend
          o Release packages have all needed files to build from source.
superdumprob

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein

XviD 1.0

Reply #1
edited:
1st april ... 
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

XviD 1.0

Reply #2
Damn I fell for that one, and it's not even April 1 over here yet.

[Edit] I think I'll keep the encoder output as a souvenir  [/Edit]

XviD 1.0

Reply #3
You guys never learn... 

This is the day to believe nothing. Specially bombastic news like this one.

XviD 1.0

Reply #4
It could be a really sneaky plot; Although the vfw version is supposed to be a prank, people on #xvid say that the real version may appear very soon after this disappointment. 
We will see..
Juha Laaksonheimo

XviD 1.0

Reply #5
I think this is the real deal, guys. I mean, the source is there on the server. We should diff it with the previous RC just to be sure.

XviD 1.0

Reply #6
I think this is the real deal, guys. I mean, the source is there on the server. We should diff it with the previous RC just to be sure.

Why don't you just try encoding with the precompiled VCM codec?

You guys need more skepticism today. And don't let your guard down, or you'll be the butt of every joke.

XviD 1.0

Reply #7
Lol, I had suspected this was the case.  Anyone want to see the wicked h.264 encoder I am working on???   

XviD 1.0

Reply #8
OMG, this guy in the pub sold me a lossless audio encoder that gets an average of ~320kbps!  my archiving probs are over!

[edit]

hang... why is this in "validated news" then?

XviD 1.0

Reply #9
Yeah, this should be moved to off-topic or something so people don't get confused.

XviD 1.0

Reply #10
All april fools bs like this one and this thread should go straight to off-topic. Or the Recycle bin.

XviD 1.0

Reply #11
Heh heh, sorry guys. I didn't actually know it was an April Fool when I posted. I tested it shortly after and chuckled to myself.

XviD 1.0 is indeed near completion however, which is what made it so believable. Shouldn't be long now.

Sorry again. It was GomGom's idea!
superdumprob

"If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?" - Albert Einstein

XviD 1.0

Reply #12
According to the Xvid's official site there will be an RC4 and then the final release