Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ID3 tags (Read 1647 times) previous topic - next topic

ID3 tags

Hi,
I have a problem with reading tags from some MP3s. It's really strange. Two files in the same directory with tags written by the same program. And foobar2000 reads tags only from one of them. It happens with quite a lot of my files. The files contain ID v1 and v2 tags. All other aplications (WinAMP,  mp3tag) read the TAGs without any problems. Does anybody have any idea, what could be wrong? One of the files with tags that don't work is here - LBJ.mp3.  I tried versions 0.8 and latest beta too. I use the sepcial edition and the looks plugin in addition. Can any plugin cause this?
And some theorretical questions. I have a feeling, that some poeple don't like ID3 v2 tags. Why? Are the APE tags better? Why? What other programs then foobar2000 support them? Are the tags in unicode, iso or windows encoding?
  Thank You,      Vlada