Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Breaking General AAC Decoders (Read 1998 times) previous topic - next topic

Breaking General AAC Decoders

Does anyone know if there is a set of dodgy AAC encoded songs that cause an AAC decoder to break. From my inital experiment i have corrupted the fixed header and variable header of the AL05_48.aac test song for all the individual fields. The decoder i have works well in that it bombs out safely when i corrupt these fields, though on some occasions it plays when it maybe should not, and also reports errors that have no relation to the original header error that i created.

I am now about to start corrupting the raw data block, but this may take a while though. What i'm really interested in is a file that will cause or possibly cause the decoder to lock up (is this possible?). Does anyone know of any files or has knowledge of ways of breaking (locking up) a decoder by corrupting the raw data block?