Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Foo WombatShare (Read 18577 times) previous topic - next topic

Foo WombatShare

Reply #25
Hmmm  that could take me some while to traipse through, I'll do my best <G>

Foo WombatShare

Reply #26
Humm, humm 
  I've done a new install of fb2k, and put plugins back little by little. I've not reached any conclusion 'bout which plug caused the problem, but  foo_wbtshare loads now, and works with the following plugs (these are the ones I reinstalled):

[ EDIT: Deleted now meaningless thread clutter. ]

So those can be taken off the list of suspicious elements.... 
You probably shouldn't worry much more 'bout this if my report was the only one of this kind.

So, now that it loads all I gotta figure out is how to use it.... 
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

Foo WombatShare

Reply #27
Wow if only all users gave as good feedback <g>.  At the minute its a bit klunky (well a lot klunky to be fair).  Install the plugin on two machines (or for testing run multiple players on the same machine.  They should automatically appear in the wombat share dialog (got from the components menu drop down).  Double click (don't ask, single click was being a pain...temporary issue) on the sub-nodes of the wombat-share tree and their tracks will appear..woot  ...Select either play or enqueue to either play or enqueue *all* their tracks immediately...... but like I said...very alpha (I'm sorry)

Foo WombatShare

Reply #28
So the difference should be:

[ EDIT: Deleted now meaningless thread clutter. ]

... but it don't look like I can reproduce now. Dunno, it's all very strange. It's better to just forget about it I think, unless it should happen again.

And don't be sorry for alpha.... Just move on and one fine day you'll have a brand new prebeta.... 

Foo WombatShare

Reply #29
Cheers I'll look into that tomorrow.  I've finally finished porting over to ptypes..just got to test out the new web server part of it more thoroughly... so I can take a look at the foobar plugin issues    But its midnight here now, so I'm off to bed <g>

Foo WombatShare

Reply #30
Goodnite! 

Foo WombatShare

Reply #31
Now there's a website woot  ... my err quality of web-design is not quite what it used to be, needs a little (no, a lot of work) 

WombatInvasion

Foo WombatShare

Reply #32
New version of WombatShare on the website, manual IPs now implemented (initial stab at in anyway) A host of new improvements to the foobar plugin, now all nicely multi-threaded and generally groovy

Foo WombatShare

Reply #33
New version of WombatShare on the website, manual IPs now implemented (initial stab at in anyway) A host of new improvements to the foobar plugin, now all nicely multi-threaded and generally groovy

I downloaded the latest and it works with multiple network cards now. It isn't at all clear what I'm supposed to put into the manual IP address box though.. I ended up putting the IPs of both machines in there on each machine...

Foo WombatShare

Reply #34
Not entirely sure why it works with multiple network cards, but woot

Right...  Erm... they're not quite Manual IPs.  They're seeds.  Basically if there's 3 sub nets on your network (note this will only work for sub-nets within a network, you will only be able to see 1 node from each network if they're seperate networks spread across the internet), lets call them sub net A, B, C.  If you were a wombatshare user in network B then In the manual IP box you would put an IP of a wombatshare user from subnet A and the IP of a wombatshare user from subnet B.  If these two users are online they will see all the nodes that you can see *and* you will see all the nodes that they can see.  If however they're not online you won't be able to see those subnets (*unless the remaining node if any can see nodes in the other sub-net). 

I hope thats a *little* clearer.  This method isn't full-proof, it certainly isn't scalable but it seems to work quite well (surprisingly well actually)

Foo WombatShare

Reply #35
New version of the plugin released. Now features the popular 'super-list' feature which populates a playlist with *every* track on its known network, not just from one node.  Also minor improvements to the protocol.  First stab at getting meta-info working with hydrogen audio..it works with some streams, but not with them all  No idea why!

Foo WombatShare

Reply #36
And another new version.  This version *should* address some of the issues people have been having with sub-nets and machines with multiple network cards. Please let me know if it works/improves things makes them worse etc

Foo WombatShare

Reply #37
i realy like this plugin

but the plugin for foobar is realy buggy.
it would be realy great if you can make the plugin for foobar like the plugin for winamp. in winamp the plugin works great with the playlist. if i click play in foobar it loads ALL files into my playlist. can you fix this please?

fa_pa

Foo WombatShare

Reply #38
I need a little bit more detail please, in what way is it buggy?
If you click play in winamp (currently)  it also loads the files into the playlist doesn't it? What behaviour are you after... these are still early releases please bear in mind

Foo WombatShare

Reply #39
i'm using foobar and it loads the files but it loads ALL not only the song i selected.
then it doesn't shows the id3 tags of the files i load
here a screenshot of the playlist i get

the same happens if i click enque it puts ALL files in not only the selected files.

i realy like the idea and the plugin but please could you fix that

Foo WombatShare

Reply #40
Ah yeah, this isn't a 'bug' per-say I've just not implemented play and enqueue <selection>  yet. (This is the same as in windows.)  It will be done but with foobar its a pain as I have to take into account the user's multiple playlists, so I want to bring this all in neatly together

As for the ID3 tags, yup tell me about it, no idea why not, it should do I've left threads around these forums and had one bite foobar's support for streaming media seems to be be quite poor    I looked at 'fixing' it myself but the fixes were a little nasty so I figured I'd wait for someone cleverer than me to do  [You may have noticed that some tracks do come across with their artist/album etc intact... but most don't... they should all, I set the right meta-info up  ]

Foo WombatShare

Reply #41
it would be realy cool if that would work some day
the plugin is realy usefull we have an mp3 server runing foobar on it so we can load the tracks into our foobar so we must not copy it to our disc 

edit: wombat crashes if i try to load my complete database to wombat allowed files. my db is 8mb.

Foo WombatShare

Reply #42
Interesting 8meg, how many tracks is that ?

Foo WombatShare

Reply #43
Yet-Another-New-Version of both the protocol and plugin this time.  The protocol fixes, fi a previous problem where non-mp3 streams wouldn't stream. (Turns out that media players inspect the file extension on the stream rather than look at the content-type, oops!)  The plugin changes, I've removed all the meta-info support until Foobar2000 can use them on http streams properly, in the mean time I've added a 'kludge' so that foobar2000 users can get nice friendly playlist names on their playlists.  To do this I've added a &wsTitle='<title>' paramter to the url that gets sent to the other clients.  All that *should* need to be done is write a formatting string that can detect this and display that parameter when it sees it.... howver even this doesn't seem to work all the time  sometimes I just see 'fetch', but it's a *LOT* more reliable than the previous meta-tags usage.  If someone can fix this string that'd be great
Code: [Select]
// formatting for files without all the tags:
$if(%title%,
$puts(title,%title%)$if(%artist%,$puts(artist,%artist%)),
$puts(title,$if($stricmp($left(%_path_raw%,7),'http://'), $if( $greater($strstr(%_path_raw%, 'wsTitle'), -1), $substr(%_path_raw%, $add($strstr(%_path_raw%,'wsTitle'),8), $len(%_path_raw%)), %_path_raw%),
%_filename_ext%)))
)

Foo WombatShare

Reply #44
w00t the new version Rocks

works much better in foobar thx

Foo WombatShare

Reply #45
No Problem, not sure what changes I made that made it much better though? Anything in particular ?

Foo WombatShare

Reply #46
Could you please distribute only the dll? I'm so paranoid that I don't like the idea of plugins that need separate installer..

Also, this code _should_ work:

Code: [Select]
// formatting for files without all the tags:
$if(%title%,
$puts(title,%title%)$if(%artist%,$puts(artist,%artist%)),
$puts(title,$if($stricmp($left(%_path_raw%,7),'http://'),$if($greater($strstr(%_path_raw%,'wsTitle'),-1),$substr(%_path_raw%,$add($strstr(%_path_raw%,'wsTitle'),8),$len(%_path_raw%)),%_path_raw%),%_filename_ext%))
)

Foo WombatShare

Reply #47
Woot my hudrogenaudio account has been un-barred) ..... I'm afraid I can't really just distribute the dll as the reason I use an installer is to make sure that the target path is in the correct state, i.e the correct path, and previous versions are cleared out. etc.

As to paranoia, what could I do in an exe that I couldn't do in a dll? I think the permissions on an exe are generally even weaker (i.e. close to power-user requirements) than on a dll?  Put a firewall on run ad-aware scan it with Antivrus software thats all I can recommend 
p.s The 'string' didn't work

Foo WombatShare

Reply #48
As to paranoia, what could I do in an exe that I couldn't do in a dll? I think the permissions on an exe are generally even weaker (i.e. close to power-user requirements) than on a dll?  Put a firewall on run ad-aware scan it with Antivrus software thats all I can recommend

I didn't say anything *shrugs*   

Steve

Foo WombatShare

Reply #49
lmao