Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: which output depth for m-audio revolution (Read 1693 times) previous topic - next topic

which output depth for m-audio revolution

hi, i replaced my creative extigy to a m-audio revolution 7.1. i have the digitalout of this soundcard connected to a d/a converter and then connected into my standalone stereo (no more pc speakers).

in foobar i use kernel streaming. no dithering (i mostly listen to lossless files) and 32bit fixed point output. is this setting correct or should i use 16bit fixed point ?

my aim is to archive bit identical output, no sound processing or anything.

which output depth for m-audio revolution

Reply #1
I thought I remembered seeing a thread about this exact topic before... but the search function won't work for me.

IIRC the best setting to use with the Revolution is either 24bit fixed point or 24bit padded to 32bit when using kernel streaming. That's just a guess about what to use, I don't have a revolution.

In order to get no additional processing you need to use the same bit depth that your sound card processes at, unless I'm terribly wrong, which could be the case.

EDIT:

Search function is working for me now hmm...

http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....ndpost&p=193468