Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Request: Dynamic Playlist (Read 2345 times) previous topic - next topic

Request: Dynamic Playlist

(I posted this before but the connection died. I hope it wont show up twice on the forum)

the name says it all: a new kind of playlist ... you could create a dynamic tab/playlist that would, with a formula entered at the creation stage, filter the database and show up the result ... this is similar to clicking in album list _but_ the next thing is different: everytime you click on the dynamic tab (or by a command "refresh dynamic playlist(s)" ), it will rebrowse the database ...

when you drag items in the d.playlist, it will filter the incoming items and place the good one in the playlist (nevertheless it will add _all_ the missing files in the db)

I think it could be very nice to see up and running,

peace
  nIRV

Reply #1
no need for an extra-playlisttype. This would just work by adding a contextmenu-command when clicking a tab "restrict incoming files to..."

- Lyx

edit: the other features you mentioned would be provided via the playlistgen-plugin (which is still unofficial i think)
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #2
where is that unnoficial playlistgen component?

edit: btw, that concept which was badly described is not about file restriction but about a way to dynamically create _and_ update the content when using the playlist