Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What does the different 'options' mean? (Read 2931 times) previous topic - next topic

What does the different 'options' mean?

flac.exe tells me this when encoding:

options: -P 4096 -b 4608 -m -l 12 -e -q 0 -r 0,6 -V

Is there any way to verify that it uses the -8 quality I specified? The line I use is:

%s -8 -V -T "artist=%a" -T "title=%t" -T "album=%g" -T "comment=EAC0.95pb5=>FLAC 1.1.0m Quality=8" -T "genre=%m" -T "date=%y" -T "tracknumber=%n"

Reply #1
Why the complicated command settings, when all you need is:
Code: [Select]
flac.exe --best Filename.wav

Solaris

Reply #2
Forgot to say, this is the command for extracting with EAC.

Tried replacing -8 with --best, flac.exe still reports the same. I'd just like to have confirmed that it is indeed using the setting for the highest compression.

Reply #3
From the FLAC documentaion:
-8, --compression-level-8:  Synonymous with "-l 12 -b 4608 -m -e -r 6"

Are you shure it reports "-r 0,6"?

Reply #4
Yep, using both -8 and --best. I copied the text right from the prompt.

Reply #5
Ah, it's actually ok, because you have to give a min and max value to the -r parameter. If there is only one value given it is interpreted as the max value and 0 is used as the min value.
[span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%']Stupid... I point to the docs and don't read them properly myself.[/span]

So you are encoding with the -8 or --best preset.

Reply #6
That's good to hear. Thanks!