Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ogg in Ogm (Read 3797 times) previous topic - next topic

Ogg in Ogm

Hi,
What do I need please, so that ogg shows up available in the audio formats in VirtualDubMod. I want to make ogm vids with ogg vorbis, but it's not available. Do I need a codec?
Thanks

Ogg in Ogm

Reply #1
You need to encode the audio using a separate program. VirtualDub can only mux Vorbis audio, not encode.

Ogg in Ogm

Reply #2
Have you tried using Gordian Knot to set up your encodes? It lets you set res, bitrate, resultant size, audio tracks and loads more. Once you've used it to set up your encode, it can go off and encode your audio (to mp3 or ogg) and then tells VDubMod how to encode your video stream, then will multiplex the two streams together for you.

Ogg in Ogm

Reply #3
Thanks for the replies.
I managed to make an ogm movie with ogg after Latexxx's reply. I saved the wav using Vdub the ogged it using ogg drop before adding it as a stream.

I'm not sure about using GKnot. I use many advanced features in VDMod, like mpeg2 import, rotate billinear resize etc, I don't know as GK could manage that...
Cheers

Ogg in Ogm

Reply #4
I'm not sure about using GKnot. I use many advanced features in VDMod, like mpeg2 import, rotate billinear resize etc, I don't know as GK could manage that...
Cheers

GordianKnot is made for dvd backup. It takes mpeg2 as input, creates Avisynth scripts for frameserving, converts Dolby Digital audio to mp3 or Vorbis, and encodes video using VirtualDubMod. Check Doom9's guides for more information.