Skip to main content
Topic: foo_gestures 0.1 (Read 15820 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_gestures 0.1

I figured this would be a handy feature to add to foobar.

Features:
- native support of all main, context, and context/now playing commands
- gesture learning
- cancels gesture if no mouse motion detected for a specified time
- configuration of minimum gesture length
- allows key modifiers in combination with gestures (i.e., Ctrl/Shift/Alt)

Gestures are performed via middle-click-drag in any foobar window (or left/right-click drag in combination with key modifiers: ctrl, alt, or shift). Uses libstroke for gesture recognition. If you're wondering how the "gesture code" (in the interface) works, see standard strokes.

I hope somebody else finds this useful.

Latest version:
Plugin: foo_gestures-0.4.zip
Source: foo_gestures-0.4-src.zip (GPL)

Please post any bugs, suggestions, or feature requests to this thread or feel free to send me a PM.

-phi
EDIT: updated description for v0.4

foo_gestures 0.1

Reply #1
please allow an option for right-click-drag because that's what i use in all my other mouse gesture apps (unless there's some reason you can't?) great idea for a plug! will try it later.

foo_gestures 0.1

Reply #3
Awesome Phi! It's working like a charm! As mentioned before, could you make the gestures work with some other mouse button, like right or left button?

foo_gestures 0.1

Reply #4
Siku, if you check the link I posted, you'll find an application that'll add mouse gestures to ANY application that you want, to do anything you want, and it's not limited to the predefined 20 gestures.  You can also configure it to work with your other mouse button.

-Scott

foo_gestures 0.1

Reply #5
Very cool plugin Phi, thanks.

As i'm using MyIE2, Mouse Gestures is very welcome =)

And I would like right button too, I'm sure StrokeIt is good too, but a plugin is better IMO. Thanks again.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

foo_gestures 0.1

Reply #6
sdbarker, I'm aware of that app but I don't want to use any external app to make mouse gestures. I prefer 'build-in' gestures like this plugin. But thanks anyway 

-Siku

foo_gestures 0.1

Reply #8
I too know of StrokeIt but I find is applicability limited. If this plugin can do Opera like gestures, especially: double click on playlist bar -> create new playlist, that'll be great.
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

foo_gestures 0.1

Reply #9
I too know of StrokeIt but I find is applicability limited. If this plugin can do Opera like gestures, especially: double click on playlist bar -> create new playlist, that'll be great.

Unless, i didn't understand you correctly, the gesture is available in 0.8 by default.

foo_gestures 0.1

Reply #10
If this plugin can do Opera like gestures, especially: double click on playlist bar -> create new playlist, that'll be great.

I seriously doubt that this will be possible with an arbitrary user interface, unless the user interface itself supports this.

foo_gestures 0.1

Reply #11
Cool plugin. I use mouse gestures all the time for browsing the internet, but never even thought about it for media players. Pretty interesting.  Being able to assign the mouse button would make this perfect.

foo_gestures 0.1

Reply #12
Unless, i didn't understand you correctly, the gesture is available in 0.8 by default.

Hey thanks. I never realized my wish has been granted. I checked it out and it works.

I am not so much a fan of StrokeIt to be honest, somehow its gesture recognition is not as smooth as Opera (sometimes it misses my gestures). I don't know how good libstroke is, but it's good to have alternatives.
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

foo_gestures 0.1

Reply #13
please allow an option for right-click-drag because that's what i use in all my other mouse gesture apps (unless there's some reason you can't?) great idea for a plug! will try it later.

Right click drag (and left-click, for that matter) is already used in the core for drag and drop operations in the playlist. It may or may not be possible to override this, but I don't think its a very good idea anyway, so you will just have to get used to it 

I would prefer right-click myself too, but middle integrates into foobar a lot better.

foo_gestures 0.1

Reply #14
Great! Please make global mouse gestures!!!

I think StrokeIt would be more suitable for global gestures, but I might look into adding this anyway.

foo_gestures 0.1

Reply #15
Unfortunately, the gestures don't work when tried on the secondary monitor of a dual-monitor setup.  They work fine in the primary, though.  If you want to fix this, I'd be more than happy to test it out for you as I run duals at both home and work.

foo_gestures 0.1

Reply #16
Unfortunately, the gestures don't work when tried on the secondary monitor of a dual-monitor setup.  They work fine in the primary, though.  If you want to fix this, I'd be more than happy to test it out for you as I run duals at both home and work.

Thanks for the report and offer to test.  I think I've fixed the problem, I'll post a new version soon.

foo_gestures 0.1

Reply #17
Okay, new version posted (see first post).

New in version 0.2:

- Fixed multi-monitor support (hopefully)
- Added gesture learning
- Will now cancel gestures if the mouse isn't moved for a certain amount of time

I'm pretty sure the multi-monitor support is fixed, if not feel free to post here and abuse me about it

PS:
I didn't think ahead in the initial version, so when you upgrade you will lose any gestures you had previously defined. Future versions won't have this problem though.

foo_gestures 0.1

Reply #18
Love the new mouse gesture learning.

Replaygaining tracks doesnt seem to work, however. Is the Playback/Replaygain/Track  command mean that it will replaygain whatever is highlighted in the playlist? Its not working for me.

Keep up the good work though.

foo_gestures 0.1

Reply #19
Love the new mouse gesture learning.

Replaygaining tracks doesnt seem to work, however. Is the Playback/Replaygain/Track  command mean that it will replaygain whatever is highlighted in the playlist? Its not working for me.

Keep up the good work though.

Thats something I need to add to my todo list. At the moment I've only added support for the "main" commands (i.e., commands found on the main menu). I'll add the playlist commands sometime soon so that will get replaygain (and any other context command) working properly for you. I'm not exactly sure what the Playback/Replaygain/* commands are for.

Oh and thanks for the positive comments!

foo_gestures 0.1

Reply #20
Thanks Phi.

Just a small bug I think, I can't get it to be Enabled, it resets all the time.

foo_gestures 0.1

Reply #21
Thanks Phi.

Just a small bug I think, I can't get it to be Enabled, it resets all the time.

Fixed. Re-download from first link.

Thanks for the report!

foo_gestures 0.1

Reply #22
Version 0.3 uploaded.

- Added support for context and context/now playing commands 

foo_gestures 0.1

Reply #23
O.k. I give in. What's a Mouse Gesture?

foo_gestures 0.1

Reply #24
For a example, if you hold the middle button and then drag the mouse let say UP then RIGHT and then release the button you have performed a gesture. That gesture can you bind to an action, let say Next Playlist. So when you perform your gesture it changes playlist =)

Hold middle > Up > Right > Release > voila

Hope that cleared it up

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2019