Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Kernel Streaming (Read 2613 times) previous topic - next topic

Kernel Streaming

Hi,

After recently replay gaining my metallica collection within each of the *.mka files, I got around the propblem whereby the volume level of the music was lower than the wav sounds from yahoo and alike by enabling kernel streaming.

Thus I can lower the wav sounds in the windows mixer and my music is unaffected.

My question is though....

If my source 44.1kHz..... the Santa Cruz normally outputs in 48Khz mode.

Will my card still be resampling it or playing it as is?

The reason I ask is because I mistakenly tried to use 24bit output but the kernel streaming dll complained because the card is 16/48 i believe.

This fact lead me to believe that since foobar was outputting a 24bit stream directly to the soundcard and can only handle 16bit without further processing.

So does this mean I need not upsample any files to 48kHz since the card just plays them as is?

Thanks

Data

Kernel Streaming

Reply #1
Santa Cruz is resampling to 48khz but i heard it's quite good so you won't notice much (if any) difference using resampler...but i recommend it anyway (don't use slow mode)