Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: High memory usage :(( ... (Read 2508 times) previous topic - next topic

High memory usage :(( ...

Hi Everyone 

I discover, that f2k uses a lot of memory . When I use standard GUI it uses 3xmB of RAM  . DSP plugins: Equalizer, Volume Control, Skip Silence, Continuator (nice), Gap Killer, Soft Clipping Limiter. When I use fooTunes GUI (cool), with this same DSP plugins f2k uses same amount of memory  . Why???. Winamp uses only 7 - 8 mB of RAM. Can anybody answer to my question??

PS. x means any numer between 0 and 9 

Reply #1
At least Skip Silence, Continuator and Gap Killer DSPs need an extra amount of RAM AFAIK! Remove them and then have a look at the RAM usage again. (Do you use equivalent DSPs in Winamp? It would surprise me ...)

Regards,
The Link

Reply #2
One tip is to not trust the memory usage reported in Task Manager. It is absolutely useless.

Reply #3
It uses a lot less when minimized in my experience.  Also see how many playlists you have loaded, and how many tracks in each.

also

When I start foobar it may be using "3xMB" of RAM as you put it, but if I minimize to tray, then restore it drops to about "1x."

In the tray it uses no more than 2-5MB in my experience.

Reply #4
Monitor the 'Commit Charge' for the change.

Hope this helps, tec