Skip to main content
Topic: foo_nero (Read 3432 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_nero

I first asked this Q. here: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....50&#entry182410
...but it was obviously the wrong place, so I'm starting a new thread here instead.
Ok, I'll just paste in what I wrote the other place here, then:

It's just that I haven't been able to use Case's foo_nero yet - and I use his compiles of almost everything else to great satisfaction - but my attempts at foo_nero, 3 or 4 attempts from, I think foobar 0.76 'till present beta, each time downloading foo_nero afresh from site incase of fresh compile, have failed miserably. Dropping foo_nero into "Components" and starting foobar2000 then CPU goes straight to 100%, whole system turns to sludge and I have to call up task manager (which now uses approximately 20 mins to open) and kill process "foobar2000.exe" in order to regain control over my machine.....

I have Athlon Thunderbird 1.2 GHz, 512 Mb RAM, XP sp1a, last months Nero demo version....

Anybody else had any trouble with foo_nero...?

------------------------------------

(indybrett @ Feb 8 2004, 07:34 PM)
Do you have all of the Nero dll's in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\AudioPlugins directory?

Edit: I suppose this should be in the Foobar2000 forum.

Yes.
But I also have the lot of the ones from http://neroplugins.cd-rw.org/ same place... maybe that could have something to do with it... Hadn't thought of that 'till now...

----------------------------------------

Any thoughts, anyone?
????
"ONLY THOSE WHO ATTEMPT THE IMPOSSIBLE WILL ACHIEVE THE ABSURD"
        - Oceania Association of Autonomous Astronauts

foo_nero

Reply #1
OK.
Sorry, Case! Sorry, everyone! 
I localized the culprit: "nxMyReal.dll" from http://neroplugins.cd-rw.org/ - all other nxMy***.dll's from the same place seems ok - removing nxMyReal.dll fixed it....   
I sort of just downloaded everyone of Mausau's plugins without giving it a second thought.... Well, I'm kind of glad it was the Realplug that caused it, 'cause I must admit its gonna be one of the easiest to do without.....

foo_nero

Reply #2
By the way, when opening "nero encoder" in foobar preferences now (I have updated to latest Nero) I get following console message:
INFO (CORE) : startup time: 2813 ms
ERROR (foo_nero) : Failed to open plugin 'mp3PP.dll'

According to properties 'mp3PP.dll' is: Company: "Ahead Software AG", Internal Name: "PowerPack Lame mp3 Encoder plugin", File Version: "1.0.0.6"
Don't know what I shall read out of that, didn't even know Ahead had theire own Lame plug - but since I've started this thread I thought I might as well report while I'm at it..... 

Peace! 

foo_nero

Reply #3
By the way, when opening "nero encoder" in foobar preferences now (I have updated to latest Nero) I get following console message:
INFO (CORE) : startup time: 2813 ms

According to properties 'mp3PP.dll' is: Company: "Ahead Software AG", Internal Name: "PowerPack Lame mp3 Encoder plugin", File Version: "1.0.0.6"
Don't know what I shall read out of that, didn't even know Ahead had theire own Lame plug - but since I've started this thread I thought I might as well report while I'm at it..... 

Peace! 
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=182493"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I also have this "problem"

foo_nero

Reply #4
any solution half a year later? :-)

I cannot start foobar2000 (100% cpu) when nxmyreal.dll is present.

Also i get thge following errors after removing above dll:

---
ERROR (foo_nero) : Failed to open plugin 'NeMP3Enc.dll'
INFO (foo_looks) : Initializing GDI+
INFO (CORE) : startup time: 5985 ms
---

perhaps i should just delete them as well

SimplePortal 1.0.0 RC1 © 2008-2020