Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 100% CPU usage in EAC (Read 2451 times) previous topic - next topic

100% CPU usage in EAC

I had EAC v0.95b4 running nicely with my Pioneer DVR-A05 to start with, but then I installed Roxio EasyCD 5.0 Basic (came with the drive) to burn off some data to DVD. Now EAC eats 100% CPU while its ripping. I've checked the DMA settings (WinXP Pro) and installed the adaptec 4.60 ASPI drivers, to no avail. What else should I try, I mean it's got to be a DMA problem somewhere, right?

100% CPU usage in EAC

Reply #1
My guess is taht when you installed ezcd taht it set itself to start at start up.
and now both apps are trying to attach the drive.
"You can fight without ever winning, but never win without a fight."  Neil Peart  'Resist'

100% CPU usage in EAC

Reply #2
Nope, my startup list only includes FreeSurfer, AdSubtract, and NetLimiter. Anything else gets the axe via RegCleaner.

100% CPU usage in EAC

Reply #3
From my own experience (with older Easy CD Creator, though), the problem lied in drivers installed by application.
criZZb

100% CPU usage in EAC

Reply #4
It was a driver problem, although it turned out to be a pain in the ass to change them. The nVidia IDE drivers thought my DVR-A05 was a SCSI device and EAC froze upon starting with them, but XP thought it liked those drivers best anyway. I wound up having to remove my IDE drivers completely and let XP reinstall them from the CD.