Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "No use of null samples for CRC calculations" (Read 1922 times) previous topic - next topic

"No use of null samples for CRC calculations"

Hi,

I have a Pioneer 106S which has a positive read offset correction value and is only capable of overreading into Lead-In. So I´ve checked "Fill up missing offset samples with silence" and left the "Lead In/Out"-box blank.
Because I make my rips with test & copy in secure mode and then compare the CRCs, my question is if I should check "No use of null samples for CRC calculations" or not and what exactly would be the effect of this option on my CRC comparisons.

Reply #1
Hi,

Normally you should not check it.

People who don't have "accurate stream" drives will get a different read offset (thus differently aligned data, thus a different CRC) each time. For them, enabling this option can help, because for most albums the CRC will be shown as identical anyway.

With a modern drive, disabling the option is more reliable (ie: you'll catch the hypothetical cases where the drive's offset varies between rips).

Reply #2
Ok thanks, I leave it unchecked for the sake of these special cases. 

BTW, sorry for the late answer, didn´t have much time.