Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Nero Digital Playback (Read 4832 times) previous topic - next topic

Nero Digital Playback

Hi!

If I want to watch Nero Digital encoded MP4s on my other PC, which does not have nero installed how would I do so?  Would I have to lower the quality of encoding to be Quicktime compatable?

Is there a light player I can chuck on to disk with the MP4?

Cheers,
Fairy

Nero Digital Playback

Reply #2
Hi!

If I want to watch Nero Digital encoded MP4s on my other PC, which does not have nero installed how would I do so?  Would I have to lower the quality of encoding to be Quicktime compatable?

Is there a light player I can chuck on to disk with the MP4?

Cheers,
Fairy

Grab yourself a copy of 3ivx direct show filters. Unfortunately the audio decoder is limited to 30 days but you can use core aac instead of it.

Nero Digital Playback

Reply #3
Thanks.  Does quicktime 6.5 now play nero files ok?  It plays them fine on my machine, is that just because I have Nero 6 installed on my machine?

Cheers,
Fairy

Nero Digital Playback

Reply #4
Any player using Direct Show is able to play Nero Digital if you have the filters installed. Quicktime is one of the few players avalable on Windows which don't use Direct Show.

Nero Digital Playback

Reply #5
quicktime can also decode mp4 files

make sure you tick the "make qt compliant" (or so) option when encoding with nero recode2!
thats because qt cant play advanced mpeg-4 features like qpel and gmc
I know, that I know nothing (Socrates)