Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Sound with the same volume on all channels (Read 2043 times) previous topic - next topic

Sound with the same volume on all channels

I`d like to know is there any way to set the same volume level on all 6 channels using 6.1 surround system.
When I`m using Foobar I have normal sound level on front speakers (center + L/R) but volume on rear speakers (center + L/R) is at least 60% lower than on front ones.

I know this problem occurs only on playback, cause when I`m playing games or watching movies it`s all on the same level.

I was wondering about some kind of plugin like "Upmix stereo to 4 channels", but when I run it, I don`t have sound on centrall speakers.

So, is it possible to have the same sound level on all speakers?
"The brightest flame burns quickest..."

Reply #1
Have you checked your Surroundmixer-Settings? I Had this problem with my Inspire 7.1 and in fact the Surroundmixer was wrong setted (more to top than to the back).
Celeron 1300 Tualatin @ 1589, 512 MB Micronchip CL2, 0,5 TB HD, Audigy 2 ZX Platinum Pro, Sony MDS-JE530 DAC, Sony STR-GX 311 Ampifier, Sennheiser HD 570 Headphones, Creative Inspire T7700 7.1

Reply #2
No, everything is all right in mixer, as I said, I don`t have such problem in games or when watching movies.

I`ve found something interresting:

When CMSS is active and set to CMSS (first release) and I turn the mixer on back speakers, the sound level is very low. When I turn it on CMSS 2 and mixer on back, it gives me ~50% of overall audio level. Whoa, that`s not all, when I turn CMSS off and turn mixer on back channels... I can hear nothing.

That can`t be Creative Mixer setting :S

Reply #3
Hah, I was lucky and found what does the problem. It lies over Direct Sound v2.0. When running playback on DS v1 or Kernell Streaming, sound goes on all channels, but on DS 2 it goes only on front left/right + center and subwoofer.

That`s really strange for me and makes me bigger dillema on what output should I use, and this constant his on standard Creative drivers... ahh I`ll never get satisfactioning sound quality.