Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Using Echo MiaMidi soundcard, can't Kernal stream! (Read 2928 times) previous topic - next topic

Using Echo MiaMidi soundcard, can't Kernal stream!

Hey all, just upgraded to an Echo MiaMidi from a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum.  Using foobar, I can't get Kernal streaming!  What gives?  Also, I've heard something about ASIO output?  where can I get the plugin for that? thanks.

Reply #1
concerning kernelstreaming:
RTFM!

for asio output - check the sites listed in the general forum under "must know sites for fb2k"
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #2
Kernal Streaming:
  Kernal streaming was working fine on my old card, SB Audigy 2 Platinum.  How do I make it work with the Echo MiaMidi?

Asio:
  Already checked once, will check again.

Reply #3
Checked the "must know sites" and found no mention of ASIO, again.

Reply #4
Serched around online, found a japanese site with it.  Got the dll version (what's SSE and SSE2?).  Foobar recognizes it but gives me an error when trying to play...

WOAH, there it goes...it's going now...had to switch to 32bit. Why?

Reply #5
RTFM!

As a matter of fact, TFM doesn't exist, so this is hardly a fitting reply. You're not being very nice, either.

There's nothing wrong in suggesting to search the forums before asking questions... however, I ask you to be more specific and more polite in the future.

Reply #6
RTFM!

As a matter of fact, TFM doesn't exist, so this is hardly a fitting reply. You're not being very nice, either.

There's nothing wrong in suggesting to search the forums before asking questions... however, I ask you to be more specific and more polite in the future.

from the kernel-streaming page in the fb2k-preferences:

"Note: kernel streaming output is an experimental feature, use it at your own risk. If you encounter any technical problems while using it, switch to DirectSound or WaveOut instead"

Also, how often exactly did people ask this same question before and got an answer like "kernel streaming is an experimental output and doesn't work with some soundcard-/drivers" ? There should be a dozen threads meanwhile to find when doing a forum search.

IMHO, my posting was completely justified, but ok - i'll from now on only answer to questions at all, if its a positive answer.

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #7
i have a mia and it works fine w/ foobar. no idea what you mean by kernel streaming, but it works fien with directsound, waveout, or asio, asio wont play 22khz files, and mono files will only play out of the left speaker, while directsound is more prone to buffer stuttering when hitting pause, and more likely to get screwed up via rdesktop..