Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: mp3gain 0.7.6 (and back end 1.0.6) (Read 2116 times) previous topic - next topic

mp3gain 0.7.6 (and back end 1.0.6)

http://www.geocities.com/mp3gain

Not much new here. Just an option to force mp3gain to assume that all input files are genuine mp3 files.

Early on in the program development, I had a few people who had problems with a few files. It turned out that they were running mp3gain on some mp2 files that had been mis-named as mp3 files.

I put in some code to check for this case, but my code turns out to be a little too sensitive to mp3 files with corruption right at the beginning of the file. In other words, a valid mp3 file that has an invalid frame at the very beginning can get misidentified as an mp2 or mp1 file.

Instead of putting more effort into doing a more thorough check of the file, I just stuck in an option to skip the check altogether. In theory, this enables a user to run mp3gain on mp2 files, which will screw up the mp2 file, but at least the user will have to consciously enable that option.