Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MP4 DirectCut? (Read 3483 times) previous topic - next topic

MP4 DirectCut?

Is there a lossless editing program for M4A/AAC like DirectCut for MP3s?  I'm just getting the hang of the new format, and I'm assuming it uses the same "framed" approach as MP3 ... DirectCut has been so handy for MP3 files, I was hoping that there is something similar for M4A tracks.

MP4 DirectCut?

Reply #1
From Doom9 Audio FAQ:
10. How can I split and join AAC files?

MP4 with AAC inside can be edited by QuickTime Pro.
Raw aac streams (*.aac) can be split and joined by using BeSplit.

For mp4<->aac conversion you can use e.g. foobar2000.
Let's suppose that rain washes out a picnic. Who is feeling negative? The rain? Or YOU? What's causing the negative feeling? The rain or your reaction? - Anthony De Mello

MP4 DirectCut?

Reply #2
But remember (If you use Nero to encode) any gapless info will be lost when removing an AAC stram from an MP4 file.

MP4 DirectCut?

Reply #3
Thanks for the replies! (edit, answered my own next question, found MP4Creator for the conversion)