Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC question: Split wav from cue sheet (Read 3281 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC question: Split wav from cue sheet

hi all,
I have a one big file album in .ape + .cue & I want to convert it to several small flac Q8 songs, I wanna use EAC for the job, & I want to have the pre-silence gap of song 2 added at the end of song 1 (etc ...)

Should I use "split wav from cue sheet":

1:==> with gap
or
2:==> with "corrected" gap ???

What do "corrected" means ? What does it change ?
I tested both & get no difference in size/lenght in the wav ...

Thanks for help

Reply #1
Read this in the EAC forum.  Perhaps it will help you.

"With gaps" means, that the gaps between the tracks will always be appended to the previous track, as is the default in EAC.
"With gaps corrected" means, that the gaps are placed at the beginning of the track, which they belong to.
"Leave out gaps" means, that the gaps are not stored anywhere.
"Individual indices" creates a new file for each index. That means, that the gaps will be stored in separate files, and tracks with more than one index will be splitted into several files, one for each index.

Normally, "With gaps" will be the best setting to use, as it produces the same result as reading a whole cd track-wise ...

Credit to EAC Forum member Jenz for this information.  Also, someone a while ago recommended using "with gaps", so that's what I've been using for some time and it works just fine.

Reply #2
Daffy:
Thanks a lot, that's exactly what I wanted to know