Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Could the foobar's makers build a Chinese Edition? (Read 3313 times) previous topic - next topic

Could the foobar's makers build a Chinese Edition?

now more and more Chinese people use this software,i hope the makers  could build a Chinese Edition for Chines,and the foobar is the best audio player,there must be more choices for us

Reply #1
The FAQ says:
I want to translate foobar2000 to <insert language>.

Sorry, foobar2000 doesn't support any kind of translations (other than editing executable files, which we strongly recommend against), and such feature isn't planned. If you want to help people having trouble with English, write a FAQ/help page in your native language instead.
You could of cource use ResHacker and a Hex Editor to edit the executables, but you will get a lot of work each time a new version is released.
So instead I recommend you write a user guide in chinese.

Solaris

Reply #2
Not to bring up old flamewars, but why can't language packs be implemented?  I take it Peter just doesn't have any interest in it?  Or is there some technical complication?

Reply #3
i like foobar,so i shall use it even if it is english though i am chinese!
sorry my english is poor. :-)

Reply #4
i like foobar,so i shall use it even if it is english though i am chinese!
sorry my english is poor. :-)

Hope you will enjoy the program as much as I do.
The foobar2000 inferface is pretty self-explayning, so I guess it will be pretty easy to understand for most people.

English is not my native language either, but 100% of all my software is in english language. Go figure!   

Solaris

Reply #5
Not to bring up old flamewars, but why can't language packs be implemented?  I take it Peter just doesn't have any interest in it?  Or is there some technical complication?

Because:
1.quality of translations may differ
2.persons which make translations may loose interest
3.there is time factor- user has to wait for translation when new version is available (especially if there are new options)
4.it's very difficult to help and moderate discussion, if there are different translations of the same function

Reply #6
And one more thing:
What about 3rd party plugins translations? Then author of such plugin has to care about it - he has to find person which will translate his/ her plugin and quality of this translation also may differ...

Reply #8
i always go to this site,it's a good site and it's owner always goes here when foobar update!