Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 0.7.5: issue with seekbar, when maximizing window (Read 2420 times) previous topic - next topic

0.7.5: issue with seekbar, when maximizing window

Hello,

There is a minor issue with the seekbar in foobar 0.7.5 (maybe even in earlier versions):

Description:
Under certain conditions double clicking the title-bar of the foobar window (new-GUI) results in unintentional jumping in the currently played song.

Details:
Important is the position of the foobar window relative to the screen:
when the distance between the upper side of the screen and the upper side of the (unmaximized) foobar window is (nearly) equal to the distance between the seekbar and the upper side of the foobar-window.
When you double click the title bar of foobar (while in position described above), the mouse-pointer position will be in the area of the seekbar after the maximization. This lets the seekbar jump.

Using the maximize button in the right of the title bar does not reproduce this behaviour.

Greetings,
Christoph

Reply #1
Indeed, this can easily be reproduced.. how odd.

In fact it doesn't matter whether it's the title bar you click on. You can click on any part of the foobar window that's not a control and drag the mouse to the seekbar while holding down the mouse button, and you'll start dragging the slider around 
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Reply #2
This issue still exists as of 0.8.1, and as stated, can be easily reproduced.  The bug is in foo_ui_std.dll, who's source code I cannot look at since it does not come with the SDK.

After discussing the matter with a couple of my peers, the Win32 savvy one stated the following:

"I'm sure it's a Foobar issue, since I doubt the built-in trackbar would function like that.  It's funny that you send that to me now, since one of my students had the -same- exact problem with some code he was writing a couple days ago :P  Small world.

I wouldn't be surprised if Foobar was doing its own custom shit with the trackbar.  If so, they need to use the SetCapture method in their WM_LBUTTONDOWN handler so they only get the corresponding WM_LBUTTONUP event if LBUTTONDOWN occurred in the same window."

I'd appreciate seeing this fixed, or if not, at least having 0.8.1 foo_ui_std's source released somewhere so I or my pal could take a look at it ourselves.

Thanks.

Reply #3
Still exists in 0.8.2 and 0.8.3.