Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Creative SoundBlaster Live! WDM 3511 Drivers (Read 7879 times) previous topic - next topic

Creative SoundBlaster Live! WDM 3511 Drivers

[deleted]

Reply #1
So does this release finally fix the "crackling" problems that have been plaguing the SBL drivers (especially under Win2k) for so long? On http://www.viaarena.com/?PageID=26 they posted more on this issue and it seemed to be completely a driver issue (at least when the 686B patches had been correctly installed).

Reply #2
[deleted]

Reply #3
Hey folks listen!!!!!!!!

Too good news for uuuuuuuuu......... These drivers are like magic to WinME..... now u can record and play REAL 32 bits 96 kHz AUDIO thru SB Live value............................... really a must have for all of u who needed teh best quality out of ur best SB Live cards........ now, no more clippings (can be corrected by simply reducing the amplitude) and no more digital distortions... u can configure ur ogg and MAD plugin to play ur favirate oggs and mp3s as u had ever dreamt of.... they really sounds toooooooooo smooth and the dynamic range i get is tooooo good... although u would get the best when u record on true 32 bits!!! (it wont do in win 2k)

Enjoy folks.... now no need to spend on Audigy to get the best sound quality... Any more things i need to say??? but i would really appreciate thanx for the same!!!

Reply #4
Are all sleeping or got too shocked to react???

Reply buddies!!!!

Take care...............

Reply #5
SBLive doesn't support 32bit output, these drivers must be simply downsampling 24/32bit data to 16bit. You can 'play' 32bit data on any sound card with modern Winamp output plugins (*cough* out_ds2).
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #6
I knew that earlier but its exactly floating point samples when i record in CEP... i understand all the things buddies. but trust me it works like a boom... try urself...

Reply #7
even i record in high volumes and get exactvalues of clipped samples!!!

Reply #8
Last time i tried the WDM driver with 98SE...clicks and pops, no more VU in the volume control, increased CPU usage, instability and some of the program didn't work... sticking with the good 'ol VXD driver

Reply #9
..... now u can record and play REAL 32 bits 96 kHz AUDIO thru SB Live value

Enjoy folks.... now no need to spend on Audigy to get the best sound quality...

this sounds interesting...can someone throw more light on this?
There are only 10 types of people on this earth - those who know binary and those who don't.

Dell Inspiron 5100
P4 2.4 533 FSB,
512 MB / 40 GB,
Windows XP Home

Reply #10
What zZzZzZz said.

The Live! does not have a pathway for >16 bit content and does not have D/A or A/D converters of sufficient resolution to support 24 or 32 bit content.

Recording true 32 bit content via analog (or digital which is routed through the EMU 10k DSP which is 16 bit only) is therefore almost certainly a physical impossibility.