Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Strange Dialog Resource in Nero's MP4 (Read 2980 times) previous topic - next topic

Strange Dialog Resource in Nero's MP4

While digging the AAC.dll I found the following dialog which seems not accessible in
usual way:

Does anybody know something about it ? How it can be accessed ?

Reply #1
Looks like the kind of settings you'd have control over when using a command line encoder.  The settings are probably used for in-house testing to see the effect different settings have on encoding.

Menno or Ivan want to answer?

Reply #2
Nah, forget it - won't work

I had that idea to make some kind of GUI testbed for some advanced encoder options, but since there are zillions of them (you'd prolly need 24" monitor or more),  command line encoder is a much better idea, especially if you do automated testing.

This resource is just there because I was too lazy to delete it  It is not used by the plugin code anyway.

Reply #3
"expirienced"?

Reply #4
hehe...  it should say "all your base are belong to us"

Reply #5
has anyone made a different front end for the nero encoder?  I've been a razorlame / lame mp3 user for a while and would like to do some pro audio comparrisons between mp3 and aac for my clients with a similar front end.

We start with .wav's or .aif and need to encode from there.

thanks!
Sean