Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Song Titles (Read 3013 times) previous topic - next topic

Song Titles

When I'm burning my MP3s to CD, what must I do to have my song titles appear in text form on CD players, instead of just seeing track numbers?

Thanks!

d2e

Song Titles

Reply #1
If you're talking about burning mp3s as an audio cd, you must have a burner that supports writing CD-Text, you must enable CD-Text in you burning software and you must have a cd player that is capable of displaying CD-Text.

If you're talking about burning an mp3 cd to play in a cd player that can play mp3s, you need to read the player manual to see if it is capable of displaying id3 tag info and, if so, what id3 version(s) it can display and then tag your files appropriately.

Rob

Song Titles

Reply #2
RS:

It's the first thing you said that I'm trying to do. I've enabled CD text in my burning software but I don't see text on my current CD players. 

Time to upgrade my burner because it doesn't support CD text.

Thanks a bunch!

Song Titles

Reply #3
Another possibility would be that it's your CD players which don't support CD-TEXT. Are you sure they do?

Song Titles

Reply #4
Another possibility would be that it's your CD players which don't support CD-TEXT. Are you sure they do?

CD-TEXT support in CD players seems to be very rare, so it's most likely that your player won't support it.  It's mainly supported by mid to high end car CD players.  Support in burners is also quite rare, although I believe that's getting better.
Dan

Song Titles

Reply #5
Much more chance to have a burner that supports it than a standalone CD player.