Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [USELESS] Double posting (Read 3024 times) previous topic - next topic

[USELESS] Double posting

i use the Lame encoder packaged in the  CDEX software.  it seems to work great.  i don' tever  hear any pops or clicks in my encoded mp3's.  i m  encoding at a VBR of 160kbs-192kbs and am quite pleased with the file sizes compared to a 192kbs CBR encoded file.
but the kicker is this.  out of all my players on my pc ,the only ones that will play these encoded files(VBR) is MMJB(musicmatch).  some of them will play them and display wrong times (WMP2)  or not play them at all (WMP).  and Kazaa lite lists these mp3's encoded at 128kbs.!!!! wat's up wit dat!!!!????
any suggestions? lemme know!!!

[USELESS] Double posting

Reply #1

i use the Lame encoder packaged in the  CDEX software.  it seems to work great.  i don' tever  hear any pops or clicks in my encoded mp3's.  i m  encoding at a VBR of 160kbs-192kbs and am quite pleased with the file sizes compared to a 192kbs CBR encoded file.
but the kicker is this.  out of all my players on my pc ,the only ones that will play these encoded files(VBR) is MMJB(musicmatch).  some of them will play them and display wrong times (WMP2)  or not play them at all (WMP).  and Kazaa lite lists these mp3's encoded at 128kbs.!!!! wat's up wit dat!!!!????
any suggestions? lemme know!!!

This post is off-topic. Additionally, you have already asked this question on two* independent threads (and apparently by copy&paste, since they are identical). We don't need you to flood the forum with exactly the same post, since this is very annoying.

EDIT: THREE! Sheesh... Do you think we are blind or what?