Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: AAC in AVI container (Read 59610 times) previous topic - next topic

AAC in AVI container

Reply #75
WEEEEE

Finally one rational answer to this thread.

Baby Jesus won't cry anymore.

AAC in AVI container

Reply #76
So.. we are going to put new H.264,  multichannel HE-AAC  with new scalable extensions, MPEG-7 metadata, subtitles & chapters etc.. into good  ol'  AVI format,  inventing new ways of making this  supposed-to-be-dead-5-years-ago  format  support new technologies with frustrating limitations (like no-VBR audio in current "official" specs), etc...

Jesus..

Ok,  I want my FAT12 to support file permissions, ACLs, transparent encryption and long file names...  Microsoft? Anyone?  Help!!!

And yes.. I want my DOS6.22 to access it without crash...  jeez..

AAC in AVI container

Reply #77
Ok, allright... 

Alex,  if you want to write that AAC support for AVI,  of course, you are free to do it - but please make sure it works 100% without any seeking problem  and that all players work with that without crash.

If not,  please do not release the thing - or release it as "alpha/test" in order not to make additional problems with already problematic AVI support.

AAC in AVI container

Reply #78
Why don't people stop swearing and mocking each other?

I see two outcomes to this:

-alexnoe will fail his intent - either by creating unseekable AVIs or unplayable ones. People will laugh at him and noone will use his hack.
-alexnow will fulfill his intent, creating seekable and playable AVIs. People will start using his hack, and Ivan, Christian & etc. will have to swallow their prides.

I don't see how all this bitching and these fits will change these outcomes. I think people should wait and see before saying alex (or his method) is retarded (hello, Pamel). Mockery and moaning will do no good to anyone at this time.

Regards;

Roberto.

AAC in AVI container

Reply #79
I don't see how all this bitching and these fits will change these outcomes. I think people should wait and see before saying alex (or his method) is retarded (hello, Pamel). Mockery and moaning will do no good to anyone at this time.

MP4/MKV/OGM/whatever people shouldn't have entered this discussion in the first place!

AAC in AVI container

Reply #80
ivan,don't you have a work of your own ...?
on nero mpeg4?
when mature, we'll put that into .avi too,to make some use of it...(  )

seriously now,ivan;are you doing anything to make mp4 a nice container in which we'll put anything we like?and i mean ANYTHING....

no one can stop anyone to develop anything...and release it...better stuff will win and we'll all use it....that's ok by me....wether it be mp4,mkv,or avi...i don't care...

roberto is right;we should ALL give our *support*................to both alex AND mkv team!
let them develop new stuff...it won't hurt if we have more options to choose from...
so i give my *full support* to both alex AND mkv people(but alex is one of the mkv people too,as he made mkv muxer...)!
it's better if they are not mad while they develop (  )

btw. i'm Ivan too.........Ivan Kostić

cheers

/ivo

AAC in AVI container

Reply #81
seriously now,ivan;are you doing anything to make mp4 a nice container in which we'll put anything we like?and i mean ANYTHING....

Hrm.. dude, MP4 is limited by nature (if you are talking about codecs)

If you want to add any codec you want to a container similar to MP4, use MOV.

AAC in AVI container

Reply #82
Hrm.. dude, MP4 is limited by nature (if you are talking about codecs)

exactly my point.......

If you want to add any codec you want to a container similar to MP4, use MOV.

let us not joke...."QT" is a funny word on every PC 

AAC in AVI container

Reply #83

Sorry, I don't have too much with the MPEG-4 systems group inside MPEG commitee, so I can't help you there that much. 

MPEG-4 has UDTA (User Data) atoms, so you can theoretically put whatever you want inside (which is how we put some Nero Digital data), but other decoders will skip that data - but still they will work at least.

Let's stop here - this is not MPEG-4 or Matroska discussion anyway

AAC in AVI container

Reply #84
Let's stop here - this is not MPEG-4 or Matroska discussion anyway

I was never talking about matroska or MPEG4 here in this thread, just to make this 100% clear, and i really wonder why its again Davenger who is joining here trying to make the matroska team looking bad, using sentences like 'brainwash successful' when people are talking about AVIs existing limitations and the like, but he may answer this to himself, in fact i dont care anymore about the motivation of the Radlight team to post in forums.

But what i was indeed talking about is, what will happen if this tool gets released and maybe spread out in the wild, means the consequences of all of this for the normal user. Developers sometimes tend to forget that they ARE responsible for what they are doing, and i cant hear the standard OSS developer phrase '... i dont owe you nothing, this tool was only made for my personal purpose and i dont care if you use it or not ..' anymore, as in most cases its a blatant lie and they care a LOT if their tools are used, else why would they want to release them, instead of keeping them on their HDDs ?

Alex, i am begging you, keep this version of avimux-GUI on your HDD, please, please, dont release it into public. I am simply convinced it will do the users more bad than good to be able to mux AAC into AVI ....

AAC in AVI container

Reply #85
using sentences like 'brainwash successful' when people are talking about AVIs existing limitations and the like
I've told you several times, but maybe you don't understand (shall I repeat in French  ?), that you have never read or understood the AVI file specs.

This means that you can, of course, not know that those limitations which someone mentioned in this thread were bullshit. Ssomeone claiming that multiple streams in AVI files (which is explicitely suggested in the specs!) are a hack does not even deserve being read. But again, since you never read what AVI files are, you just believe those phantasies.

I know that you are a salesman, and that it is your job to make people believe what you say, and not to let them realize if it happens that you don't know what you talk about.

But as long as I am here, you won't succeed with that on the topic of containers. If you want to talk about limitations of AVI, then talk about them. But each single time someone talks bullshit I'll step in.
Alex, i am begging you, keep this version of avimux-GUI on your HDD, please, please, dont release it into public. I am simply convinced it will do the users more bad than good to be able to mux AAC into AVI ....
I planned to release it yesterday, but all Tuesday was gone after adding a workaround for Cyrius' b0rked Seekhead he added to VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.1, and after making mkvverify report those b0rks properly.

So I hope I'll have tested other functions, which might have been gotten b0rked when adding those workarounds, today, so that I can release it this evening.

AAC in AVI container

Reply #86
and i really wonder why its again Davenger who is joining here trying to make the matroska team looking bad

I don't need to do that. You are doing a great job! 

AAC in AVI container

Reply #87
I know that you are a salesman, and that it is your job to make people believe what you say, and not to let them realize if it happens that you don't know what you talk about.

But as long as I am here, you won't succeed with that on the topic of containers. If you want to talk about limitations of AVI, then talk about them. But each single time someone talks bullshit I'll step in.

Alex, i sometimes wonder who of us two is the better salesman, as in fact you are very successfull in pretending again and again, and in a very convincing manner, that AVI is NOT limited, while in reality it is, and a lot.

You are talking about the AVI as its written on some obscure specs, but was never implemented in real life. Maybe this 'non-existing, but theoretically possible' AVI does not have the limitations we all are referring to, i dont know, and i am also not interested to be honest. If somebody really feels he has to start implementing 10 year old specs, just to prove they are working, he may do so, but hopefully keep his work for himself instead of publishing it.

The real AVI, the one we all have been using in practice during the last years, using all sorts of different programs out there to make, play, edit, cut, demux, mux, etc. them, in fact does show all the limitations we are talking about. Most of the aforementioned programs are based on Windows and VfW, so for 100% certain they cant handle VBR audio, irrespective of if the container ( AVI ) could do it or not, PERIOD !!!

It should make you think that the only programs allowing to mux VBR MP3 into AVI are still nandub, VirtualdubMod and Avi-mux GUI. For AAc in AVI, the latter will be only one probably forever. Impressive proof of how powerful AVI is in reality, sorry, and again i am talking about the existing AVI, not the one described in some specs  .

We have had this kind of discussion now on several occasions and on several different forums, and i stop now. Do whatever you like, i won't comment it anymore. IMHO its wrong what you are doing, and as you were never actively helping Newbies
like i was doing in a couple of thousand threads on different boards already, you probably cant estimate what confusion and frustration you will be causing with your tools amongst the users. Be it like that, its your responsibility now, i cant help anymore .....

AAC in AVI container

Reply #88
Alex, i sometimes wonder who of us two is the better salesman, as in fact you are very successfull in pretending again and again, and in a very convincing manner, that AVI is NOT limited, while in reality it is, and a lot.
Didn't you read the thread before answering? You are angry because someone told someone who has been brainwashed that he's been brainwashed....

AAC in AVI container

Reply #89

NO ! do not keep this version of avimux-GUI on your HDD,
please release it into public. (if the avi created with it are seekable)

i always wanted to mux aac into avi because the .mp4 are
not seekable by frames and mp3 do not support multichannel.

it's better to put everything in .AVI than to make other container.
the only good video container are .avi, .mpg and .mp4
.avi is the best and .mov is the worst.

AAC in AVI container

Reply #90
http://www-user.tu-chemnitz.de/~noe/Video-.../index-eng.html

I did not check the behavior with SBR files, so please try it out. Non-SBR files do work here.

I hope I did not b0rk stuff when adding the workaround for the mentioned vdm 1.5.10.1 bug...

AAC in AVI container

Reply #91
Guys, I wouldn't like to start splitting etc. There's lots of known community people posting to this thread which is great, but try to keep discussion on topic, avoid provocations and concentrade on facts or well reasoned opinions.

Bad example:
".avi is the best and .mov is the worst, i hope Matroska will die."

Thank you.
Juha Laaksonheimo

AAC in AVI container

Reply #92
not seekable by frames

?? AFAIK frame accurate seeking is not a problem.

it's better to put everything in .AVI than to make other container.
the only good video container are .avi, .mpg and .mp4
.avi is the best and .mov is the worst, i hope Matroska will die.

So MP4 is ok, even though MOV is the worst?  MP4 is almost the same as MOV.

Menno

AAC in AVI container

Reply #94
?? AFAIK frame accurate seeking is not a problem.

if you set the player to display frame number instead of time, they are not seekable.
maybe you do not use frame accurate seeking, but it is very important, i always use it.

So MP4 is ok, even though MOV is the worst?
MP4 is almost the same as MOV.

MOV is the worst for PC users because most MOV require QuickTime.

AAC in AVI container

Reply #95
MOV is the worst for PC users, i do not care for mac users.

Yeah, your signature says it all  If you have nothing reasonable to tell better do not post 

AAC in AVI container

Reply #96
not seekable by frames

Really? Weird..

Juha Laaksonheimo

AAC in AVI container

Reply #98

But, the time based seeking is working

-----------
3ivx 4.5.1 alpha3 improvements:
DS Splitter:
* Implements frame based seeking. Now works perfectly when the splitter
is in "Frame accurate seeking"
-----------
So, if it doesn't work for you in some older version, don't spread information which gives the impression that it isn't possible...
Juha Laaksonheimo

AAC in AVI container

Reply #99
3ivx 4.5.1 alpha3 improvements:
DS Splitter:
* Implements frame based seeking. Now works perfectly when the splitter
is in "Frame accurate seeking"
-----------
So, if it doesn't work for you in some older version, don't spread information which gives the impression that it isn't possible...

it isn't possible with the downloadable version, you can only download version 4.5 on the 3ivx website.
where did you get that 4.5.1 alpha3 ?