Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Studio PC-TV (Read 5103 times) previous topic - next topic

Studio PC-TV

What do you think of this TV Card?

The max. resolution of capture is 768*288 in Overlay and 768*576 in preview.
The Pro version of Studio PC TV has stereo audio and Radio capability.
It can capture from TV, Composite and S-VHS (*) the overall quality is good but the TV capture often presents orizontal stripes..

(*the audio must be connected to the sound card if you're capturing to Composite or S-VHS)
[ Commodore 64 Forever...! ]

Studio PC-TV

Reply #1
Hi,
I have the PRO version of this card.
On the radio side, I miss RDS functionality.

I use this card primarily to record stuff from TV via vdub/vdubmod and it works pretty well (the included recorder is cooler & easiear to use than vdub, but exports only to mpeg1 or pinnacle video coded, I prefer to save to huffyuv and compress later)

The software included with the card is really easy to use (just a few quirks with channel searching the first time you start the application).

I think overall it is a good product for an average user like me 
Vital papers will demonstrate their vitality by spontaneously moving from where you left them to where you can't find them.

Studio PC-TV

Reply #2
I have the Pro version, and for the capture I use VirtualDub too. 
For viewing TV, I found DScale some months ago and the improvements with this program are great, from colours to the image quality -  too bad DScale lacks of a good capture system.

And another good side of the Studio PC TV is the remote control

Studio PC-TV

Reply #3
What do you think of this TV Card?

It depends; what chipset does it use? Cards based on the legendary BT848 or BT878 chipset have some pretty decent alternate drivers and have the widest software support available.

but the TV capture often presents orizontal stripes..

This could be a deinterlacing issue.

You could also try VirtualDub_sync if you get too much dropped frames.

Studio PC-TV

Reply #4
It depends; what chipset does it use? Cards based on the legendary BT848 or BT878 chipset have some pretty decent alternate drivers and have the widest software support available.

Mine has BT848 Chipset (Brooktree), the alternate drivers are good

This could be a deinterlacing issue.

Yes, I think it is a deinterlacing issue because using DScale and changing the deinterlace method the stripes disappeared.