Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: feature: autonumber per disc / per album (Read 2663 times) previous topic - next topic

feature: autonumber per disc / per album

Imagine you have 16 audio files from two different discs in the same album (8 from each disc). You need to number them. Right now, if you use masstagger to autonumber tracks, you will get numbers from 1-16. It would be nice if autonumber noticed that the DISC or ALBUM tag had changed, and restarted at 1.

If there is some way to do this now that I am missing, please let me know.

Thanks

Reply #1
bump.  i need this feature also, please. i need auto number per %album%. kinda like replay gain does.

Reply #2
It would be nice if autonumber restarted at 1 (for each new album)
If there is some way to do this now that I am missing, please let me know.

Yes there is: do autonumber for each album separately.
What autonumber does is give tracknumbers to the range of songs you selected in your playlist (1 for the song on top, 2 for the next one, etc...)

Reply #3
I was aware of that, and that is in fact what I have done to number tracks.

However, my request was for some way to tracknumber multiple discs of an album at the same time. As it stands now, to tracknumber a three-disc album, I have to select all of disc one, right-click, masstagger, edit tags, Add, auto track number, ok, run - and then repeat all eight steps for discs two and three, for a total of 24 distinct actions. As I tend to listen to live shows that run about three discs, I do this often. If you have any suggestions that could reduce my labor here, please let me know.

Reply #4
I would also find such a feature useful and timesaving.

Here is how I hope to see it:

1) New entry in masstagger: Auto track number (multiple albums)
2) Somewhere in preferences: Album grouping pattern (default: "%album%"): for masstagger.

This way I would be able to use the same pattern as I do when replaygaining: $replace(%_path%,%_filename_ext%,)

Reply #5
that's feature of my tag guesser lua script. it uses normal tracknumber for per disc tracknumbers and then global album track together with info about number of discs / tracks on disc / tracks in album.

i should finish it and release it

Reply #6
well, uh, looks kinda complicated...  couldja hook us up with just this feature? please?