Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: APE+CUE -> OGG/MP3? (Read 4679 times) previous topic - next topic

APE+CUE -> OGG/MP3?

The topic is really self-explanatory, is there any soft to do this type of action? If not, i'd be interested in one 2wav too.

thx in advance

APE+CUE -> OGG/MP3?

Reply #1
foobar2000 allow this without big problems (maybe a small edition of the .cue file before loading it).
Wavpack Hybrid: one encoder for all scenarios
WavPack -c4.5hx6 (44100Hz & 48000Hz) ≈ 390 kbps + correction file
WavPack -c4hx6 (96000Hz) ≈ 768 kbps + correction file
WavPack -h (SACD & DSD) ≈ 2400 kbps at 2.8224 MHz

APE+CUE -> OGG/MP3?

Reply #2
As guruboolez said, with fb2K it's very easy to convert ape + cue to any other format. Download the special edition of fb2k which comes with lots of additional plugins, and use the diskwriter + clienc to convert to mp3. I'm in the process of doing this and it works well. After you've configured diskwriter and clienc (make sure the path to the lame exe is correct), just drap the cue files onto fb2k, select all the tracks you want to convert and right click -> convert.

I use the ape+cue compile of lame, but a standard compile may also work. Sorry for lack of links in this post, but hopefully a little searching for the required files won't prove too difficult.

edit: forgot to mention that converting to wave is straight forward from diskwriter, and I'm sure yuo can convert to ogg, but I've not tried

APE+CUE -> OGG/MP3?

Reply #3
Make sure that in the .cue file image name points to .ape file and not to .wav file. I think this is modification what guruboolez mentioned