Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Software equalizer (Read 5922 times) previous topic - next topic

Software equalizer

Does anybody know a Software equalizer that works with Audigy 2.

Software equalizer

Reply #1
Could you be more specific? Like, what are you trying to get done with it?

Software equalizer

Reply #2
If you want to equalize any audio sent to your soundcard there's one way that should work: Use an equalizer that is normally used for equalizing a soundcard's input in realtime and a virtual soundcard driver for redirecting audio in this way:

Before:
Audio streams created by any software -> Audigy 2 driver

After:
Audio streams created by any software -> Virtual soundcard driver (input) -> Virtual soundcard driver (output) -> Equalizer -> Audigy 2 driver

The only virtual soundcard driver I know that can probably do this is NTONYX Virtual Audio Cable. Maybe it's possible with TotalRecorder too. Equalizers that can probably do this I found with google: Graphic Equalizer Pro and Graphic Equalizer studio. In Graphic Equlizer Pro FAQ I found this:
Q) Can I equalize the audio stream coming from other applications?
A) Graphic Equalizer Pro can equalize every input of full duplex sound cards but not the output of other applications. However using an external virtual driver (as virtual audio cable) this problem can be overcome. By this small program you can redirect the stream of an audio application to another.

This is basically the same as I described above.

Probably there are easier and/or cheaper sollutions (e.g. using any audio player's eq for playing back audio files  ). To use an audio player's eq for the virtual driver method the player would need a line-in like input (plugin) that can be configured to use a virtual device. I don't know any player capable of this. Anyone?
Let's suppose that rain washes out a picnic. Who is feeling negative? The rain? Or YOU? What's causing the negative feeling? The rain or your reaction? - Anthony De Mello

Software equalizer

Reply #3
Could you be more specific? Like, what are you trying to get done with it?
I have my soundcard connected to a Fisher equalizer and after that a preamp and to the amp.But the problem is that the equalizer produces extra noise,so I thougt
if I bypass the Eq and use one in the computer-I have tried using the one in foobar
and it worked fine but I want it to work on all sounds in the computer-Windows sounds,Winamp and Wavedit and more.

Software equalizer

Reply #4
Maybe buy a new sound card and also bypass the preamp? I found it (in my particular case) to be a major source of noise & crosstalk.

I don't find any need for an eq on both of my systems (speakers and headphones).

If you connect the sound card directly to the power amp be very careful, as a Windows sound may blast through your speakers when you least wanted that. I wouldn't recommend that with the Audigy 2.

Software equalizer

Reply #5
I can´t (Don`t want too)bypass my Preamp as it also is my headphone driver
with tubes,and it gives absolutely no noise.I get more noise from the Soundcard
(Computer)itself.Excuse my bad english.I could make a split at the input of the
preamp to the amp,but then the signal would be less.

Software equalizer

Reply #6
I want it to work on all sounds in the computer-Windows sounds,Winamp and Wavedit and more.

This should work using the method I described in my 1st post.
Let's suppose that rain washes out a picnic. Who is feeling negative? The rain? Or YOU? What's causing the negative feeling? The rain or your reaction? - Anthony De Mello

Software equalizer

Reply #7
you should get the KX drivers www.kxproject.com and use its 10band equalizer

Software equalizer

Reply #8
Ok,I´ll try KX drivers thanks for the replies.