Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Command line for EAC to use external encoder (Read 2751 times) previous topic - next topic

Command line for EAC to use external encoder

Hi,

I need help in inputing the command line for external encoder in EAC. Under the Compression option I have already specify the LAME encoder I downloaded. I enter into the command line "--alt-preset extreme", but it is not working, it keeps encoding in CBR 320

What am I doing wrong?

Reply #1
I don't use LAME or EAC but try selecting "User Defined Encoder" from the drop down list rather than the LAME default and inputing the command line into the box. Don't forget to set the extension to .mp3 and point it to the LAME EXE.

Just an idea, i have no idea if it will make any difference, but give it a go anyway 

Cheers,

Kristian Tippins

Reply #2
Select "User Defined Encoder" and use the following:

%s %d --alt-preset extreme

(See EAC FAQ)

Reply #3
Wouldn't that be:

"--alt-preset extreme %s %d"

...instead?

I haven't tried it the other way, but this is how I have ripped 1000's of songs  (w. --aps though).