Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: sv7 final & Batchenc (Read 5162 times) previous topic - next topic

sv7 final & Batchenc

Hi all.

I've got a whole bunch of stuff to encode but when I run Speek's Batch Encoder version 2.1.0. (or previously 1.9) with sv7 final and --xtreme --nmt 10 --verbose I get "can't decode verbose" error. Removing verbose gives me "can't encode 10" error.

Any ideas guys????

sv7 final & Batchenc

Reply #1
Seems like the last part of the commandline gets mistaken for a file parameter... Maybe Speek sees this and replies. Until then, you should try MuseDrop from http://www.inf.ufpr.br/~rja00/mpc.html

sv7 final & Batchenc

Reply #2
Could you please post the batch file the program generates?

It's the something.bat file in the program dir.
just open it in notepad and copy it.

sv7 final & Batchenc

Reply #3
Oh what fun I've had. I fired up musedrop and droped around 8 gig of files. Then I realized I hadn't set the custom options so promptly hit exit and watched a zillion dos windows open with the express purpose of deleting my precious wavs!!!!!! I've managed to get most of them back with www.filerecover.com (cost me $25 though) as I didn't have some of the original albums!!
Just to make it all worth while I just tried BatchEncoder again to get the .bat file and it works perfectly!!! The only difference from when I tried it earlier that I can think of is that  this time the file list was a bit shorter!?? Thanks for your replies all the same guys. If it does it again I'll post the batch file.

B-J

sv7 final & Batchenc

Reply #4
I've lost lots of Wavs trying to convert them to AAC this way too.

Already talked with layer3 about this issue, and he's trying to implement some kind of deletion error handling.

sv7 final & Batchenc

Reply #5
Originally posted by rjamorim

Already talked with layer3 about this issue, and he's trying to implement some kind of deletion error handling.

It seems to be a general problem that converting interface do
not do the simpliest sanity checks. These checks are:

- is the return value of the converting program zero?
  - do the destination file exists?

mppenc is optimizied to avoid such data losses, but a batch
encoder not doing any sanity checks is still able to kill files.

Stategies in mppenc (and mppdec):

- if there's the slightest problem it returns error code 1
  - if disk is full it waits until disk space is availlable, this is often the best way to handle full disks without data loss.
--  Frank Klemm

sv7 final & Batchenc

Reply #6
Originally posted by Frank Klemm

It seems to be a general problem that converting interface do 
not do the simpliest sanity checks. These checks are:

- is the return value of the converting program zero?
  - do the destination file exists?

Yes. Psytel returns zero for OK and one for problem too.

I asked Layer3 to implement return value checking, but it seems he's having difficulties to implement it in his loops. (Besides, he's using Delphi, so I can't help either)

Regarding the existence of the destination file: AACenc doesn't deletes the file if you cancel the execution, or the encoder crashes. So, it is of no help in this case.

Regards;

Roberto.

sv7 final & Batchenc

Reply #7
I've got a whole bunch of stuff to encode but when I run Speek's Batch Encoder version 2.1.0. (or previously 1.9) with sv7 final and --xtreme --nmt 10 --verbose I get "can't decode verbose" error. Removing verbose gives me "can't encode 10" error. 

i have never had a problem with speek's batch encoder...make sure you are using the appropriate frontend because the commandlines were switched a while back with mppenc .90s.

also, if you are trying to "encode" shouldn't you not receive a "decode" error message... ???

oh well...i assume that if you get the latest of each [encoder and frontend] you shouldn't have a problem at all.

later
mike

sv7 final & Batchenc

Reply #8
Do try out NABE - Not Another Batch Encoder. It is a batch encoder and tagger (currently when encoding only). You can also get tag info from filenames.

URL: http://personal.vsnl.com/kartikj/NABE1.1beta.zip

Site: http://in.geocities.com/nabe_kartik

Current version : 1.1 beta.

Read more here:
http://66.96.216.160/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board...&num=1013843794
There are only 10 types of people on this earth - those who know binary and those who don't.

Dell Inspiron 5100
P4 2.4 533 FSB,
512 MB / 40 GB,
Windows XP Home

sv7 final & Batchenc

Reply #9
Originally posted by experttech
Do try out NABE - Not Another Batch Encoder. It is a batch encoder and tagger (currently when encoding only). You can also get tag info from filenames.

Current version : 1.1 beta.

Read more here: 
http://66.96.216.160/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?board...&num=1013843794

Looks very nice.
Bug: Presets override custom settings
What I'd like to see: option to delete sourcefile. Able to retain list of files to be processed between shutdowns.

sv7 final & Batchenc

Reply #10
Thanks for your inputs. I have got a a few bugs reported from users, which will be fixed in the next version. Also coming up in future versions are methods like:

1. Tagging
2. Decoding
3. Replaygain

I'll also try and incorporate the things you mentioned in future releases.
There are only 10 types of people on this earth - those who know binary and those who don't.

Dell Inspiron 5100
P4 2.4 533 FSB,
512 MB / 40 GB,
Windows XP Home

sv7 final & Batchenc

Reply #11
Originally posted by rjamorim

why u like AAC ? AAC best more MPC ?
Thanks for tell me

sv7 final & Batchenc

Reply #12
Originally posted by tritsana
why u like AAC ? AAC best more MPC ?
Thanks for tell me

IMO, yes.

It has the drawback of a (slightly) inferior quality at the same bitrates, and is slower to encode and decode.

But it's much more flexible than MPC (Multichannel, lots of sampling rates and bit dephts), It's an ISO standard (MPEG4 audio) and works great at low bitrates too.

Best of all, it has hardware player support, what seems unlikely for MPC in the near (and even the far) future.

Regards;

Roberto.