Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Elaborate Bytes AG stops selling CloneCD (Read 6307 times) previous topic - next topic

Elaborate Bytes AG stops selling CloneCD

As a reaction to the new Copyright Law in Europe, Elaborate Bytes AG has to stop the distribution of CloneCD. The new law, which will come into force in Germany in the next days, will prohibit to copy protected media - even for private use.

CloneCD will neither be available as a boxed version in the big stores nor as an online version from Switzerland. Bilateral contracts between Switzerland and most of the European countries prohibit the sale from Switzerland to the respective countries.

Elaborate Bytes AG will sell the rights of CloneCD to SlySoft, a company located on Antigua. Only the online version of CloneCD will be available for sale on the Internet. The price will approximately stay the same and the clients of Elaborate Bytes will keep their one-year free update rights.

source: CDR-Info
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

Reply #1
Elaborate Bytes AG will sell the rights of CloneCD to SlySoft, a company located on Antigua.

I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Reply #2
This is a major blow for the rights of the consumer.

Reply #3

hehe... exactly what rights are you talking about?

Reply #4
Alcohol 120% is better anyway. 

Reply #5
... and SlySoft belongs to Elaborate Bytes so who cares ... they just moved to the beatiful caribbean island of Antigua because there is no discussion about copyright violations ...

BTW ... SlySoft also hosts AnyDVD which is the major addition to CloneDVD (makes any DVD region-free and deactivates the CSS copy protection) ... CloneDVD is still legal in Europe due to its missing capability of copying protected DVD's ...
The name was Plex The Ripper, not Jack The Ripper

Reply #6
just mailed them 

Reply #7
I hope only that the film-industry doesn´t buy one day this exotic island and sets up a new constitution. Otherwise they (Elaborate) could be forced to open a dependance on the planet mars maybe one day. And we users could only receive the program via parabole-satellite-antenna then. 
My used codecs and settings:
FLAC V1.1.2 -4 / APE V3.99 Update 4 -high / MPC V1.15v --q 5 / LAME V3.97b2 -V2 --vbr-new / OGG aoTuV V4.51 Lancer -q5

Reply #8

hehe... exactly what rights are you talking about?

For sure he meant the right to copy, what he bought before. Formerly better known under the name "C.O.P.Y.R.I.G.H.T.". 
My used codecs and settings:
FLAC V1.1.2 -4 / APE V3.99 Update 4 -high / MPC V1.15v --q 5 / LAME V3.97b2 -V2 --vbr-new / OGG aoTuV V4.51 Lancer -q5

Reply #9
For sure he meant the right to copy, what he bought before. Formerly better known under the name "C.O.P.Y.R.I.G.H.T.". 

LMFAO ...   
The name was Plex The Ripper, not Jack The Ripper

Reply #10
I hope only that the film-industry doesn´t buy one day this exotic island and sets up a new constitution.

In such case, I will gladly take them in my house in Mexico.
We have copyright laws, alright, but they are not enforced! Yay! 

BTW, and just to be clear, the copy right in COPYRIGHT belongs solely to the owner of the intellectual property. There is no two ways around it, as of current law.
Approach your "lawmakers" instead.
I'm the one in the picture, sitting on a giant cabbage in Mexico, circa 1978.
Reseñas de Rock en Español: www.estadogeneral.com

Reply #11
Here is a part of their answer to my email:

(..) right now it looks like CloneCD will continue to be distributed over a company in Antigua to avoid the EU legal issues. I have bccd the message to our company founder, if CloneCD will really be stopped he will hopefully think about it and release the source code to the public.

Please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Frederik Padjen
Your Elaborate Bytes Team

he he 

Reply #12
Open source? Well done! Thats the spirit!

But fear not, not all is lost. There are parts of the world that will never adhere to the policy mandated in Washington D.C.

I suppose the EU will also become a police (fascist) state. Funny thing, recreational drugs fine, but jail for the silly IP issues. In my opinion, we don't need IP or the WTO so lets protest

(Note: This is completely and absolutely redundant but i'll do it this time to warn possible flamers, that i just expressed an opinion, in accordance to rule no.1. You are hereby free to have different thoughts, and not think that my words are a preach that you are obligated to follow, believe in or something. This is a medium for expressing free speech and i hope you accept that others may have different points of view than you. I respect your opinion, please respect mine. Have a nice day ).
She is waiting in the air

Reply #13
I suppose the EU will also become a police (fascist) state. Funny thing, recreational drugs fine, but jail for the silly IP issues. In my opinion, we don't need IP or the WTO so lets protest

Agreed.
Sadly, some european countries are also going on the obscure path called:"The BigCorps Democracy"
Shame on those goverments/politicians/companies which are trying to apply nothing but pure and simple censorship.
"Jazz washes away the dust of everyday life" (Art Blakey)