Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Lunar 2 pcm plugin prob? (Read 2915 times) previous topic - next topic

Lunar 2 pcm plugin prob?

I can't seem to compress Lunar 2 pcm files and play them.  It freezes foobar when trying to scan the file.  Minimal (and clean) install + foo_unpack + foo_lunar2, files either zipped or RARed.  Other archived stuff scans fine.  It also plays fine if the .pcm is just a regular, uncompressed file.

And I'm probably the second person who's actually USED this plugin.  Regardless, thanks for making this incredibly obscure format playable, Kode.

(I just hope it's not my turn to get flamed for the obvious... I've done everything I could think of)

Edit: Oh, yeah, using RC14 + foo_lunar2 0.4 just downloaded about ten minutes ago from Kode's plugin page.

Lunar 2 pcm plugin prob?

Reply #1
Thanks for the report. I just fixed it and uploaded v0.5 to my site.

The file name checker used some really stupid crap to extract the filename from the path, including assuming that unpacker paths were still unpack_(zip|rar|etc)://. Reduced the code to a simple string8::g_scan_filename() call.

A minor note when using archives, the files are extracted completely to memory. Of course, the overhead shouldn't be a problem, as the largest file is only 14MB.

Also, if you have any amendments or suggestions for the hard-coded metadata, let me know.

Lunar 2 pcm plugin prob?

Reply #2
Excellent, it works great.  Thank you muchly.

As for the metadata, I really have no idea... maybe tracknumbers could be sorted by music, speech and effects rather than by their file number.  They're labeled well enough for me, though, since there's no OST AFAIK and I couldn't tell.

Oh, bugs.  For some reason, files play past their length.  I'm thinking this is a my problem, but if you could tell me how to fix that, that'd be good.

Oh, yeah, and 16282Hz (the reported frequency), as you might imagine, doesn't work with the resampler and the resampler gives me an error.  But, I really wasn't using the resampler, so I just got rid of it.

Anyway, thanks again.

Lunar 2 pcm plugin prob?

Reply #3
Oh, bugs.  For some reason, files play past their length.  I'm thinking this is a my problem, but if you could tell me how to fix that, that'd be good.

Misconception on my part, since I designed it for myself... I made it so that it loops the files forever, using the loop points specified in their headers. I'll just have to add a configuration option for that.