Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Plugin To Play Ac3s In Winamp (Read 6357 times) previous topic - next topic

Plugin To Play Ac3s In Winamp

Sorry if this has been dealt with somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

Where can I get a plugin to play AC3s (from DVD soundtracks) in winamp (a plugin for each of winamp 2 and 3 would be nice)?

Reply #2
Um...I think I wasn't clear about what I meant. I have already got the ac3 files from the vob. I want an input plugin for winamp which will play the ac3 files. Sorry if my post was confusing.

Reply #4
Cheers. I tried the plugin (in winamp 2.81) and it plays the ac3 (192 kbit, 48kHz stereo), but seeking doesn't work. Seeking works fine when playing it in WMP 6.4 (using audiofilters.zip from doom9's site to decode).

Also the bitrate is displayed incorrectly as 15H (which would correspond to a 48 kHz av) instead of 192.

Does anyone know of any plugins which don't have this problem?

Also, when playing a 5.1 ac3 only the front left and right channels get played. Is there a plugin which downmixes 5.1 to stereo properly?

Reply #5
I'm not sure on this, because i just started messing with it myself.  But if you get sonic foundry's soft encode (you can't buy it anymore but it tends to be in the newsgroups), you can change the decode/encode settings in the menu to tweak it.

I will warn you now, even if you have a fast processor, this will take some time, but the quality produced with any ac3/wav files using this program is amazing.

Reply #6
Google is your friend, you know?

(OT)

haha, yeah.. one day I'll make a "Google is your friend." banner and use it as my sig... 

or maybe "Google IST god." 

(/OT)
A riddle is a short sword attached to the next 2000 years.

Reply #7
Cheers. I tried the plugin (in winamp 2.81) and it plays the ac3 (192 kbit, 48kHz stereo), but seeking doesn't work. Seeking works fine when playing it in WMP 6.4 (using audiofilters.zip from doom9's site to decode).

Also the bitrate is displayed incorrectly as 15H (which would correspond to a 48 kHz av) instead of 192.

Also, when playing a 5.1 ac3 only the front left and right channels get played. Is there a plugin which downmixes 5.1 to stereo properly?

Bitrate of 1.5 MBit/s is okay for any 48 kHz AC-3. This is the bitrate every AC-3 at 48 kHz
is embedded in.
--  Frank Klemm

Reply #8
I wonder if someone would be so kind to post a link for a mirror of this file since the original site I am having problems with.  Thanx.
In Case Of Bose, Break Glass
Flac yuo in teh ASIO!

Reply #9
Can't help you there, but.. I recommend this.
And, soft encode is a very good program! (don't really use it, ever  but it's so cool {and old } Sonic Foundry is good)

Reply #10
Found this old thread to suggest another WA2 AC3 plugin:
WA AC3 v0.60b