Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Why my CDs have not ISRC nor UPC codes? (Read 3414 times) previous topic - next topic

Why my CDs have not ISRC nor UPC codes?

I have tried to obtain them with EAC and Plextools but I got the same result: n/a

I have tried with 5 CDs

It is that is not longer used or that not all cds have them? Or maybe my reader is not able to read them?

Reply #1
I have tried to obtain them with EAC and Plextools but I got the same result: n/a

Feurio CD-Manager -> CD-ROM -> Read UPC & ISRC code
It will appear next to "playing time".

I've just tried EAC now, and ISRC codes don't appear in the cuesheet although EAC shows a window while reading ISRC 

Reply #2
Have you checked to make sure the "Retrieve UPC/ISRC" option is checked inside EAC?
EAC -> Tools -> "Retrieve UPC/ISRC codes in CUE sheet generation"
Hard work might not kill you, but why take any chances?

Reply #3
I had read on this board that very few CDs have these (ISRC/UPC)

Reply #4
ISRC and UPC are two very different things.
ISRC is something unique to each track and it's mostly stuff released under larger labels that are ISRC branded.
UPC(-A) is something you call barcode on the CD, and is a 12-digit serie, and often it's an EAN(-13) code which, by name, is 13-digits. this number is either CD-release unique, or just album unique.

edit: Oh, and far from all drives support reading of UPC-A/EAN-13 or ISRC.

Reply #5
Have you checked to make sure the "Retrieve UPC/ISRC" option is checked inside EAC?
EAC -> Tools -> "Retrieve UPC/ISRC codes in CUE sheet generation"

Yes, but I don't get any result

I think that my cds doesn't have these codes. I will try to find one that haves them and try to extract them

And thanks for you replies