Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Stop playback after each track in Foobar2000 mobile (Read 776 times) previous topic - next topic

Stop playback after each track in Foobar2000 mobile

Hello everyone,
I need a bit of help to make Foobar2000 Mobile stop playback after each track.

In the Android and ios versions,  the Foobar2000 Mobile option "Stop after current" automatically deactivates after 1 track is played.
This means you have to press the "Stop after current" option for the next track if you want that function.
In Foobar2000 Mobile I would like to be able to toggle a function which always stops after the current track.

In the desktop Windows version of Foobar2000 I found the options:
Preferences > Playback > "Stop playback after current track" and underneath the option "Reset the above when stopping."
This works and is exactly what I am looking for in Foobar2000 Mobile.

Is this function unavailable in Foobar2000 Mobile?
If it is available, can somebody point me in the right direction?

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Re: Stop playback after each track in Foobar2000 mobile

Reply #1
What you describe seems to me what playback order "onetrack" option does.

Reply #2
I think the 'One track' function is designed to play the same track again and not to move through a playlist.

I opened a playlist with 4 tracks: track1.mp3, track2.mp3, track3.mp3, track4.mp3
After playback of track 1 a black and white screen with playback controls is displayed (the cover picture for the mp3 track is not visible in this screen).
The controls shown are like:  <<   >   >>

After playback foobar2000 mobile always wants to go back to the beginning of track 1.
So after track 1 you have to click on the right button 2 times to get to track 2.
After track 2 you have to click on the right button 3 times to get to track 3.
And after track 3 you have to click on the right button 4 times to get to track 4.

I work with playlists a lot so this is not very user friendly.

I think the solution I mentioned in my first post with "Stop playback after current track" and the option "Reset the above when stopping." would be much more user friendly.

Reply #3
Workaround :

You could disable from settings - Advanced - Show playback screen upon selecting track to play.

You would then have your playlist visible, and be able to select whatever track you want to play with whatever you need ( stop after current)  or (onetrack) or (onetrack+repeat)

Reply #4
Thanks for the help.
From now on I'll try the workaround and see how it works.