Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Bug: ReplayGain Scanner on CD scans in multi-thread (Read 435 times) previous topic - next topic

Bug: ReplayGain Scanner on CD scans in multi-thread

I have had this bug only today.
I don't know if it's because I am on a different PC than usual or if it is because this plugin has just been integrated as part of foobar2000 and maybe I was using an old fb2k version with a third party plugin, before?

Now if I scan a CD as single album, it goes berserk and scans 8 tracks at a time, which is progressing at snail speed and will break my CD drive apart, making it seek to 8 different places at each instant.
Maybe I have an 8 core CPU.

X

ReplayGain Scan Progress (single album)…
Current File: cdda://00DEE64E,01; cdda://00DEE64E,02; cdda://00DEE64E,03; cdda://00D…://00DEE64E,08

Hopefully, this bug is not blocking when I Convert tracks.
But it's a pity that I can no longer tag my CD tracks with ReplayGain.

Re: Bug: ReplayGain Scanner on CD scans in multi-thread

Reply #1
ReplayGain Scanner is indeed multithreaded and there is no option to set threads count.

Reply #2
Thanks for the bug report.

This is NOT supposed to happen, there's a specific workaround in place to prevent exactly this. I don't know how you did it.

What foobar2000 version is this? Can you post full list of components please? Preferences / Components, [Copy report]
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #3
Attempted fix in today's preview build, looks like something went wrong in 1.4 era.

Note that Properties dialog ReplayGain scanning gets this wrong and I know about it.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.